Alan Hansen Tribute

partickthedog

• Members

Don't know about being a better player, but he definitely could have gone on to better things. I seem to recall Man Utd were interested in taking him before he got injured. He never fully recovered from the injury and was never the same player again.

Great documentary, great player, great human being.

my dad has always said that John was the better player, and should have (injury aside) gone on to bigger things, any older fans agree?

John was a very good player he might have became a great one, but Alan was a great player from the moment he played in the first team. Believe it or not he played in midfield for a while. Definitely one of the greatest players to wear a Jags strip

John was a very good player he might have became a great one, but Alan was a great player from the moment he played in the first team. Believe it or not he played in midfield for a while. Definitely one of the greatest players to wear a Jags strip

I believe it - I saw it! Actually at the time I used to wish they'd keep him in midfield. He had an awful habit of trying to dribble round all the opposition players in his own penalty box. :crazy:

• Members

I think it was Campbell and Anderson that were oyr defensive pairing at the time and I preferred that. Occasionally we'd play all 3 in the heart of the defence IIRC, but in the main Alan played midfield. He was just too good to leave out and it would have been criminal to split Jackie and Andy (my all-time favourite defensive pairing).