Home Strip - Colour Of Numbers Etc

mgow

Sorry for such a geeky thread!

Both mgow Juniors have had new home strips purchased for them (they must have wealthy grandparents!). However, TTL only print their own basic numbers etc on back, not the standards SPFL / SPL ones. This will not escape the notice of our eagle eyes duo, so will need to get it printed "elsewhere" (don't ask).

"Elsewhere" won't know the precise detail of our strip and I haven't managed a game yet (or tonight) plus on line pictures haven't helped.

Is anyone in the know / can recall:

- are our numbers & letters still black with white edge?

- do they still just say SPL at the foot of numbers?

- do they names generally go straight across back or curve round?

- thankfully there is no big yellow panel at back this year, but any clues as to how far down number starts?

Thanks in advance. Told you it was a geeky thread.

Sorry for such a geeky thread!

Both mgow Juniors have had new home strips purchased for them (they must have wealthy grandparents!). However, TTL only print their own basic numbers etc on back, not the standards SPFL / SPL ones. This will not escape the notice of our eagle eyes duo, so will need to get it printed "elsewhere" (don't ask).

"Elsewhere" won't know the precise detail of our strip and I haven't managed a game yet (or tonight) plus on line pictures haven't helped.

Is anyone in the know / can recall:

- are our numbers & letters still black with white edge?

- do they still just say SPL at the foot of numbers?

- do they names generally go straight across back or curve round?

- thankfully there is no big yellow panel at back this year, but any clues as to how far down number starts?

Thanks in advance. Told you it was a geeky thread.

Years ago I got my black away shirt done with a number 2. Wasn't sure of the font so greaves phoned the club and said it was red.

Got my kids strips numbered at greaves last season too. However, I wanted the spfl sleeve patches and greaves were less than helpful.

Answers to your questions :

Numbers and letters will be black with white edge

The spfl numbers have a small picture of the premiership trophy rather than any words.

Last season the names were in a straight line. No idea this season as not yet worn. - why not call ptfc and ask? The club are always very helpful.

Shops who print the names and numbers have a template to fit the names and numbers in the right place - leave that to them.

I'd probably go to greaves rather than visit one of those other club shops!

Thanks for the info you two.

Given that TTL can do printing (just the wrong style of numbers), TTL supply the club's kit and PTFC can get the right style of printing on the match shirts, you wouldn't think it was a huge stretch for TTL to do the right style printing for supporters too. I would have thought that there was easy profit to be made there!

Footnote: I am afraid that "elsewhere" is the clear winner if you want actual SPL printing

TTL will do printing from £7, but that is just plain Joma numbers / letters, not SPL ones.

Greaves prices were eye watering - £22 to £24 for name & number depending on whether your number was 1 or 2 digits.

"elsewhere" was £6 for a name and £6 for 1 or 2 digit number.

I needed a 9 on one shirt and a 10 on a second - £46 from Greaves or £24 from "elsewhere".

In the end, "elsewhere" did it for £18 - I think it was because the name was short, but perhaps my encyclopedic knowledge of the UEFA appeals process got me a discount ;-).

As they did before, they asked me tons of questions: what colour the printing need to be, if names were straight and the actual positioning was our joint best guess in the end. They also dutifully wrote "not bought in this shop" on the form you fill out.

It does annoy me that we have to get this service "elsewhere". Given the hi-tech equipment that was used, a small heat press and an electric fan, I can't help thinking it is real money opportunity being missed.