Scotland Epistles, Bullshit & Thistles 2

The Sunnylaw Jag

Fresh from it's success as named Fanzine of the Year in the totally non-prestigious SITB awards comes issue two of this mighty fanzine / magazine. A bit less anarchic than Sick In The Basin, it has 16 articles covering all aspects of the National team including reminiscences on trips to Japan and Israel, the curse of Berti Vogts, Scotland's women team as well as stuff on collectables such as football cards, programmes and magazines.

It is available on ebay and can be bought for £3 or £5 for issue one and two. It will also be on sale on at Firhill on Saturday too.

http://www.ebay.co.u...me=STRK:MESE:IT

http://www.ebay.co.u...me=STRK:MESE:IT

Edited by The Sunnylaw Jag

I'll probably buy a copy of this, but you are pissing against the wind.

All the writing is on here, and there is nothing you can write that you can't already find on the Forum.

The matchday programme is the same, I buy it but its all just cliches and stuff we know already.

Not blaming anyone, and Tom Hosie will never be criticised by me. I remember seeing Tom in the pub after the Frankie Boyle show when he made the cervical cancer joke about Jane Goodie. Tom Hosie is a very decent guy IMO, and deserves to be made an honoury director. He definitely should have a seat on the board.

But perhaps football programmes and fanzines are history in the internet age?

I'll probably buy a copy of this, but you are pissing against the wind. All the writing is on here, and there is nothing you can write that you can't already find on the Forum. The matchday programme is the same, I buy it but its all just cliches and stuff we know already. Not blaming anyone, and Tom Hosie will never be criticised by me. I remember seeing Tom in the pub after the Frankie Boyle show when he made the cervical cancer joke about Jane Goodie. Tom Hosie is a very decent guy IMO, and deserves to be made an honoury director. He definitely should have a seat on the board. But perhaps football programmes and fanzines are history in the internet age?

I've retired from the Thistle programme and not a season too soon! :-)

When was the Frankie Boyle gig? He's probably just about the only local stand up I haven't seen. Must just have been in the pub for supping purposes.

You might be right in some sense that the internet did sound the death knell for these sort of things years ago. However, there are still people out there who are interested in buying them and enjoy them. I don't know if the forum does contain a place to waffle on about your love for the Jags or indeed Scotland and the things that drive it. In this day and age there are very few things to collect on the Jags that are current and maybe speak of their time. There is also an enjoyment in seeing something that you have written published and selling. I don't know how long both fanzines can go on but I will keep going and hopefully others will join in too.

And finally, doesn't the cover look good too.

http://b55wet.jpg

I've retired from the Thistle programme and not a season too soon! :-)

When was the Frankie Boyle gig? He's probably just about the only local stand up I haven't seen. Must just have been in the pub for supping purposes.

Sorry about that - I could of sworn I saw you there. It was about seven or eight years ago. Must of imagined it, sorry.

• 1 month later...