Shambles Vs St Mirren

Richard Nixon

• Members

Understand what you're saying JM. But..... I think we all can now realise that when the defence is at it's weakest (apparently that's when Conrad and Arron play together) we must offer some more defensive support. So, when Seabourne is fit, play our 4 best attack minded players (Lawless, Doolan, Higgy and Stevenson). But when we're light in defence, we should be dropping one of the 4 of them and stiffening up the midfield to try and choke the supply. I'd also say that we should be only playing with 3 of them in away games as well.

ETA Point taken about goals coming from the right. My point was that we lost a barrowload that way last season and that's another one. But again, I think if we look at the majority of goals we've conceded this season so far, they are being conceded because we lack enough personnel in the middle of the park that can win the ball. Osman is good at it closely followed by Bannigan. Stevenson has the strength if not the mobility but Lawless and Higgy are not so good in this aspect (not a criticism, just an observation). For me, SOD has both defensive and attacking qualities that could be utilised better at the moment and particularly when the defence is weakened by the absence of Seabourne.

• Like 2

Can see where your coming from WJ, think we both agree that Archie has to start changing formation of the team. Especially when other teams change their game to counter ours. Sometimes it seems other managers know when to change things for the better, but Archie keeps with the same system and same subs and same time during games.