Torrance Community Cricket Club Christmas Quiz

jagscast

Hello everyone.

As you may or may not know, BBC Radio Scotland's Richard Cadey (http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/radioscotland/2010/06/cadeys-community-challenge.shtml) was challenged to create a cricket team in his town of Torrance this year. He succeeded in recruiting a pool of 30 players. 11 of these 30 took part in the TCCC's inaugural match against Gargunnock CC on August 29th and were defeated by only 30 odd runs, a real achievement for a team of almost complete beginners (including me!).

Anyway, we hope to build on our excellent start as a team and play more matches in 2011, but we do need some funding. At a recent team meeting, I volunteered (after 3 pints of cider) to take control of fundraising for the team...oh dear. I have, therefore, organised a Christmas Quiz Night on Friday 10th December at the Victoria Bowling Club, Torrance. I'm appealing to you all to come along and support the team, and also to boost attendance :)

Doors are at 7pm on Friday, the quiz will start at 8pm. £10 per team. Cheap bar, some music and even a raffle!

Please let me know if you can make it.

Cheers,

Vinny