Just In

Southside Jag

I always wanted to start one of these..........

We were excellent for an hour and then seemed to fade. I think in a way we put so much into the early part of the game we tired a bit. Add to that the fact that they pushed on a lot more and Brines was the referee.

The first goal came about from great play between Erskine and Grehan, with Erskine scoring after a one - two. The second came about after a fine cross by Grehan was headed in by Erskine. Falkirk's only threat in a first half almost totally dominated by Thistle was a header by Twaddle that hit the post just before half time. They pushed forward a lot more in the second half and we sat back a bit. Brines also had a hand in a lot of their attacks. We scored the third after a terrific reverse ball by Grehan set up Doolan for a one on one finish. Brines again had a hand in Falkirk's first with a non existent foul given to them on the half way line and a quick free kick opened us up. Fox saved the deflected first shot but the rebound was put away. Their second looked like mistake by Boyle, but I'm not sure. No other real threats from them.

Damn you 1 JL!!!!!!!!!

Grehan man of the match I thought. Young Campbell despite playing as a wing back gave a good performance too. No real failures, and great to get it up Pressley, Smith and Brines.

Edited by Southside Jag