yoda-jag

To those who visit this fora, some of the more youthful members may have seen the words 'Jethro Tull' appear periodically and even randomly on occasions. Many of such individuals may have been perplexed at what this 'Jethro Tull' actually is (and remain unaware and thus uneducated), and how it relates to the grand scheme of the earth and its inhabitants, it's rich history and how it may even affect the future of planet earth and its evergrowing population.

I have created this thread so all JT related discussions and gubbins can be kept in the one place, and be a one stop shop of information for those wishing to immerse themself in all things Tull and Jethro.

I predict this thread will thus exceed 100 pages.

To start us off, below is a link that will be a quick refresher for all those who have heard of the 'Jethro Tull', and for the younger readers, consider it your introduction to the JT, a page you must learn off by heart, and be able draw on its factfilled synopsis, as its contents will stand you in good stead for all of your futures

Click here to enter the world of the

Jethro Tull

I had the pleasure to see Tull 3 times in the 70s, all at the Greens Playhouse/Apollo. Simply a fantastic live act as well as being one of the top recording bands of our time and still going strong, seemingly. Ian Anderson is as good a front man as you'll find from any era and an excellent flautist and exponent of the acoustic guitar. Anyone who doesn't appreciate this phenomenon of the post-war era is as thick as a brick in my book.

• 2 weeks later...

First saw them in the Greens 1972 Thick as a brick tour, but my favourite show was War child tour 1974 at Apollo, Ian Anderson throwing giant inflatable planet Earth's into the crowd, superb.

Last week was the 40th Anniversary of TAAB tour. Tull played at the Theatre Royal and a truly superb show they put on as well, playing the entire album. I say Tull, but it was actually Ian Anderson and some musicians, plus a singer to take some of the load off the great man. Still a magical performance though.

Also included some tracks off the marvellous (recently released) TAAB2 album.