Spl2 - Meeting Monday

Balmedie-Jag

Accies are holding a specialy convened meeting amongst divison 1 teams on monday (i assume the jags are attending) in the hope to come up with a proposal for SPL2 in time for next season.

I really hope thistle puts the brakes on this idea, i think an SPL2 would be terrible.

• everyone in football wants a pyramid structure with play-offs in every division, including to and from bottom of last division and juniors
  • everyone wants re-distribution wealth to lower leagues
  • everyone wants larger divisions (surely 3 leagues of 14 makes the most sense)
  • everyone wants the unification of SFL and SPL with football management completely streamlined.

I just do not know why this has to come at the expense of ridiculously complicated and strange league structure. knowing how bad the SPL has been run the idea of an SPL2 is just as baulking.

the powers that be have such a great chance to completely re-vitalise scottish football, my concern is that any change like SPL2 and 18-12-12 means we will be stuck with it for a long time. much bigger and much smaller national leagues do not have such a nonsensical league structure. i am so glad st mirren and ross county voted it all down, lets hope SFL1 teams do the same on monday. hopefuly this will force SFAs hand and step in to help sort it out.