Jerry Dammers

MISSING WORDS

Jerry Dammers dj set this Friday 29th Nov in The African Caribbean Centre 66 Osborne Street, Glasgow (after The Mitre 5's gig - Glasgow ska band).

Jerry Dammers will be speaking at the annual Scottish Trade Union Congress St Andrew's Day March and Rally against Racism and Fascism on Saturday 30th November in Glasgow.

March Assembles: 10.30 am, Glasgow Green

March off 11.00 am

Rally 12 noon

Glasgow Film Theatre,

Rose Street,

Glasgow

Also includes speakers from United Glasgow, Hope Not Hate and Show Racism the Red Card.

Further info:

http://www.stuc.org.uk/campaigns-and-external-events/st-andrews-day

Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/pages/St-Andrews-Day-Anti-Racism-Weekend/447077975413141

Jerry Dammers will be speaking at the annual Scottish Trade Union Congress St Andrew's Day March and Rally against Racism and Fascism on Saturday 30th November in Glasgow.

Was wondering why he was in Glasgow; this explains it. I'm on loads of distribution lists for publications of a certain left-leaning persuasion, and not a toot about this from any of them. Probably because they didn't arrange it; which sums up the fragmentation of left wing politics in Scotland.

Also thought that the friend of the forum, Troy De Nero (real guy, superb recording artist with a cult following growing by the day) might have heard about this and been in touch. But naw; too busy writing his Christmas single: "All I want for Christmas is a pair of Archie's underpants." Although to be fair, his song, or maybe it was a line from a song "the Maryhill rain can't take away my pain" still leaves me with goosebumps when walking down the aforementioned road when we've just been stuffed. It persists and we're getting old but still making the journey to the shrine. I might kid the guy on, but in years to come he'll be discovered... Glasgow's own Nick Drake; or even Charlie Drake!