Esperanza Support The Beat - Glasgow 14Th Feb

MISSING WORDS

• 4 weeks later...

Pre-gig tunes/meet up, in The Steampunk Cafe (Drury Street, across from The Horsehoe) from 5pm - 7pm.

The Arches opens at 7pm. Esperanza on stage at 730pm. The Beat gig will finish at 10pm.

Keep your gig tickets for free entry to The Record Factory (formerly Faktory), 17 Byres Road, where The Counterfeit Clash (Rab from Esperanza's other band) are playing at 1030pm. The Record Factory on until 2am.

If anyone still needs tickets for The Arches, PM me. Thanks.

• Members

I'm surprised there are still tickets available for this. The Beat really are a fantastic band to catch live.

Incidentally MW, would you happen to know if there is a bit of fiction between the two Beat bands? Follow both on Facebook and each seems to try and outdo the other!

Rankin' Roger & Dave Wakeling did have an agreement not to play near each other, but don't know what happened on this occasion. I don't know what their fallout is over, but shame they can't sort it out. I saw Rankin' Roger's Beat at Specialized in November and they played for nearly 2 hours - best I've seen them. Save It For Later was spot on!

The last time Rankin' Roger's Beat played in Glasgow, it was a poor turnout. I've sold our 250 allocation. 480 going altogether, so far. Arches holds more folk than than the other venues they played before, which is surprising. Going to be a great night though.

Anyway, pop into The Steampunk Cafe if you get time before Arches opens at 7pm. I'm playing some tunes from 5pm - 645pm. Esperanza on at 725pm - 815pm. The Beat on at 840pm.

Ps. Esperanza and Capone & The Bullets are supporting Dave Wakeling's English Beat @ the ABC on Mon 10th March - I've got limited amount of £12 tickets (face value is £16 plus mugging fee).

• Members

I was at the gig in the Apollo. Was shocked at how quiet it was. On the plus side, was able to get right up to the front of the stage for a boogie! :D It was a great gig. Traveled up to Kirkcaldy a few months ago to see them there and again the gig was terrific.

Was planning to go and see the English Beat too. Trouble is, because of work I cant book anything too much in advance in case I'm due to work away. I'll find out nearer the time and maybe hunt you down for a couple of those tickets!

Haven't had the pleasure of Esperanza live before so hoping to get into town early enough to catch their set.