Event Organisation?

phoenix1876

Sup folks.

Me and a mate of mine are setting up an music event in the next coming months or as it is known a "gig"

Now im new to this side of the music industry, i prefer to be on stage, however an oppertunity has came up to do this and i am grabbing it with both hands.

We are going into a meeting with the venues owner and im wondering what i need to ask him?

gracias

Sup folks.

Me and a mate of mine are setting up an music event in the next coming months or as it is known a "gig"

Now im new to this side of the music industry, i prefer to be on stage, however an oppertunity has came up to do this and i am grabbing it with both hands.

We are going into a meeting with the venues owner and im wondering what i need to ask him?

gracias

A few suggestions for starters

Facilities for band and road crew, including access times for set-up and deadline for exit.

Venue rental fee and other charges payable

Security and stewarding provision - responsibility and charging

Noise restrictions - often time related.

Recording restrictions - audio and video

Insurance requirements.

Promotion - putting up posters, ads in local papers and online

Does it have a box office or means of selling tickets (e.g. online, agencies, other outlets) and commissions payable.

Can you, friends and relations sell tickets?

You will need everything set out clearly in the contract. Get a lawyer to check it before signing.

Hope this helps.