Main Stand

Dizzytheegg

Thought I'd start a new topic to avoid diverting from the board's PR disaster and general poor treatment of the fans. What's the actual status of the Main Stand? Do we own it? Would it not be cheaper to launch a fundraising drive to flatten/rebuild than constantly tinkering around with it. I remember there were plans to rebuild it with very few seats, has that been shelved? It would be great to rebuild it from scratch, with corporate boxes, decent Police Control Room, a restaurant, and maybe one sink. I know this dream is very optimistic (particularly the sink) but could we not approach the Council or Glasgow Uni to see if we could do something with the land there. Perhaps the Council's attitude has changed, their recent record

of assisting Glaswegian Premiership teams is impressive. I was at Leyton Orient's ground last year, and its like a big Love Street, but with 4 sets of flats filling in the corners. I understand the Council required at least one of the blocks to be for social housing. Think it's worth the club contacting the Council, GHA or the Uni and putting out feelers.

The council? The uni?

Am I the only person in the world who thinks letting anyone else build anything on what's left of Firhill is f***ing bonkers?

If we have ANY ambition whatsoever, should we not be hanging fire until we are in a financial position (which may be some distance into the future) to renovate/rebuild the main stand properly, rather than as some haphazard hybrid incorporating FLATS!!!!

Are you Brown McMaster in disguise?

A Propco director?

I don't know much about Propco, so no. My lack of knowledge on this subject is why I started the post. I don't remember the outrage when we sold a bit of the north end to build the NS, so what's the difference with the the MS or the Bing?

Saving up to build a new stand is good in theory but how long would that take, and how much would we lose during that time in additional repairs/stewarding silly away fans/fans not going because of the stand?