St Mirren Tomorrow! Please, Please Not Like That Hearts Match Last Season!

jagfaelivi

What a great season of consolidation it has turned out to be and - I've been giving it some serious consideration - how near it has been to a WONDERFUL one when you consider what the likes of St Johnstone(certainly last season and to some extent this) and ICT have done. We are as capable as the former ( if we had got our back division sorted out sooner probably better) and we've beaten the Inverness lot three times only to put up the most abysmal first half showing at Firhill in the cup tie. NOW look where they are, in the Final, manager of the year nominations, compliments and plaudits all round. I'm not saying we could have had the jam to beat the East End mob in the semi and "get away with it" like ICT. But it COULD HAVE BEEN US!!!!!

So - the point of this missive - let's really do it tomorrow and move forward in the remaining games to a new level and a new threat and promise for next season. I still get miserable thinking about how I felt leaving Firhill a year ago tomorrow(equivalent) when our own Ryan and the young Hearts had just taken us apart. Yet again we felt let down. The contrast, of course, was the Tynecastle second half, later on, when I sat in among the home support to get a better view - one of my best ever Jags times ( yes, and I WAS there at Hampden on 23/10/71) and glowed and exulted when Gary scored that fantastic goal and Lyle and Higgy ran through their back line.

The plea for tomorrow is for Archie and the lads to make it a day to remember, like Hampden and the match I've talked about at Tynie not all that disappointment again , that feeling when Ayr relegated us or Honved humped us or Celtic won the league last season.

Forward - MON THE JAGS !!!!!!

• Like 1