Cowan And Players Slam Jags Fans

Yellow & Redneck

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to disabuse you of the notion, MMCF, but you couldn't be further from the truth if you tried. I saw the thread on the Saturday, asked Fraser to ask the club about it, he wrote the story, we ran it on the site. We're not talking Watergate here, for goodness sake.

So let's review here. The chairman says that a certain deplorable incident happened. Other fans are not so sure but we are encouraged to believe thatbecause he is the Chairman whom we all trust that this is automatically the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

And people who make money from selling on stories to the Daily Wretched are to be automatically believed as well.

Gotcha. I am in my place. :white_flag:

By the way, since possibly you were not around for the event, but the burglary at the Watergate Centre was but one small event, hardly worth mentioning. Just a minor story on a slow news day.

Until two guys started to ask questions and to dig a bit deeper.

But we don't want that around here. No siree. :censor:

And so we conclude by hoping that you continue to enjoy your career in Scottish-journo land, which is not one that will be troubling the Pulitzer commitee any time soon. :sign:

Indeed MMCF: again I ask whether anyone recalls the Chairman publicly excoriating, or being invited privately by any media person to publicly excoriate, the right back who "allegedly" made a GIRUY gesture to fans - or does the quantum of veracity attached to an "alleged" incident vary with the perceived status of the, er, allegator?

Aye, Scottish Journo land, that citadel of invincible ignorance, insufferable conceit, and illimitable sycophancy. 'Bicycle accidents' and 'collapse of civilisation' doesn't begin to describe it.

Edited by Semi Nurainen

Indeed MMCF: again I ask whether anyone recalls the Chairman publicly excoriating, or being invited privately by any media person to publicly excoriate, the right back who "allegedly" made a GIRUY gesture to fans - or does the quantum of veracity attached to an "alleged" incident vary with the perceived status of the, er, allegator?

Aye, Scottish Journo land, that citadel of invincible ignorance, insufferable conceit, and illimitable sycophancy. 'Bicycle accidents' and 'collapse of civilisation' doesn't begin to describe it.

Stopped pretending we're Finnish, have we? Thank Christ, it was excruciating.

So let's review here. The chairman says that a certain deplorable incident happened. Other fans are not so sure (because no-one on this forum has confirmed it, doesn't make it doubtable) but we are encouraged to believe thatbecause he is the Chairman whom we all trust (no-one is saying they trust Cowan, but I doubt he only speaks in lies. You are also suggsting that Tom Hosie and Craig Hinchcliffe are liars as well) that this is automatically the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

And people who make money from selling on stories to the Daily Wretched are to be automatically believed as well.

Gotcha. I am in my place. :white_flag:

By the way, since possibly you were not around for the event, but the burglary at the Watergate Centre was but one small event, hardly worth mentioning. Just a minor story on a slow news day.

Until two guys started to ask questions and to dig a bit deeper. (Watergate! You are comedy gold! Do you really believe this is a grand conspiracy on that scale? You really think that the above named three would conspire to create a fictional story of a spitter to divert attention from the results? Personally I think you owe some apologies.)

But we don't want that around here. No siree. :censor: (Can you hear the sirens? I think they're coming for you now!)

And so we conclude by hoping that you continue to enjoy your career in Scottish-journo land, which is not one that will be troubling the Pulitzer commitee any time soon. :sign:

Barking. I've wasted enough of my life on you're paranoid delusions. Go check check yourself in and get some help and stop embarassing the rest of the support.

The implication is that news items 'just happen'; news doesn't 'just happen', any more than a pregnancy 'just happens' as MMFC explained it is selected and manufactured to an agenda. If you don't understand that, you're not fit to engage in an argument about it.

Stop avoiding the question: why wasn't Fraser the journalist (oh, don't you just wish Jim Delahunt was here) aksed to 'investigate' the 'alleged' Paton gesture? Why wasn't the Chairman asked to comment on the 'alleged'incident?

And for the record, the gutter press are beyond contempt.

Barking. I've wasted enough of my life on you're paranoid delusions. Go check check yourself in and get some help and stop embarassing the rest of the support.

Perhaps I might refer you to my original post where I quite clearly state that I in no way doubt Craig Hinchcliffe's integrity. I would also refer you to the comment made by the poster known as "Millhouse" on this page which gives an alternative view of the situation. Which gives you no basis for making some of the comments that you most recently made. But you are entitled to your opinion and like every other reasonable poster herein I will defend your right to hold such an opinion. :police:

As to my own mental state, well short of an advanced degree in psychology/psychiatry, I have to take your opinions with a pinch of salt.

And lithium

And several other anti-depressants. :drink2:

All of which are freely available on the NHS to all good Thistle Fans everywhere.

But as to embarassing the rest of the support? I believe that there's only one poster around here who thinks that I have reached that level of delusion. :mad3:

Perhaps I might refer you to my original post where I quite clearly state that I in no way doubt Craig Hinchcliffe's integrity. I would also refer you to the comment made by the poster known as "Millhouse" on this page which gives an alternative view of the situation. Which gives you no basis for making some of the comments that you most recently made. But you are entitled to your opinion and like every other reasonable poster herein I will defend your right to hold such an opinion. :police:

As to my own mental state, well short of an advanced degree in psychology/psychiatry, I have to take your opinions with a pinch of salt.

And lithium

And several other anti-depressants. :drink2:

All of which are freely available on the NHS to all good Thistle Fans everywhere.

But as to embarassing the rest of the support? I believe that there's only one poster around here who thinks that I have reached that level of delusion. :mad3:

Make that two. You're talking paranoid jibberish.

The implication is that news items 'just happen'; news doesn't 'just happen', any more than a pregnancy 'just happens' as MMFC explained it is selected and manufactured to an agenda. If you don't understand that, you're not fit to engage in an argument about it.

Stop avoiding the question: why wasn't Fraser the cuddly online journalist (oh, don't you just wish Jim Delahunt was here) aksed to 'investigate' the 'alleged' Paton gesture? Why wasn't the Chairman asked to comment on the 'alleged'incident?

And for the record, the gutter press are beyond contempt.

Read the thread again and you'll see where the story came from. It's not exactly a grand conspiracy - the story was passed onto a journalist by a forum poster, then the journalist asked Allan Cowan for a comment. You've been told how the story happened.

Read the thread again and you'll see where the story came from. It's not exactly a grand conspiracy - the story was passed onto a journalist by a forum poster, then the journalist asked Allan Cowan for a comment. You've been told how the story happened.

Exactly.

Some people obviously think the fantasy that PTFC have Peter Mandelson advising them in the black arts of spin doctoring.

If only they were that smart.

Not, not exactly. In fact, not at all.

Watch my lips carefully, nowhere do I use the word 'conspiracy' right. Keep watching my lips now, the question is why was Fraser the cuddly online jourmalist fed the story about a fan 'allegedly' spitting followed by a request for the chairman's views, but not the story about Paton's alleged gesture prior to a request for chairman's rent-a-quote.

How is the relative value of an 'allegation' computed in this world of selective reporting?

Quite simple really.

Edited by Semi Nurainen

• Members

Not, not exactly. In fact, not at all.

Watch my lips carefully, nowhere do I use the word 'conspiracy' right. Keep watching my lips now, the question is why was Fraser the cuddly online jourmalist fed the story about a fan 'allegedly' spitting followed by a request for the chairman's views, but not the story about Paton's alleged gesture prior to a request for chairman's rent-a-quote.

How is the relative value of an 'allegation' computed in this world of selective reporting?

Quite simple really.

Because the person reading the forum that instructed the Journalist to investigate the spitting incident didn't ask him or A.N. Other Jorunalist to investigate the rude gesture incident?

Edited by Willjag

Good, we’re getting warmer. Now let me spell it out a bit clearer: and precisely why was that person motivated to leak a story which cast (some of) the fans in a bad light, as amplified by the chairman’s statement, but decided not to leak a story which cast a club employee in a bad light?

Reasonable question about the man's value judgements.

Good, we’re getting warmer. Now let me spell it out a bit clearer: and precisely why was that person motivated to leak a story which cast (some of) the fans in a bad light, as amplified by the chairman’s statement, but decided not to leak a story which cast a club employee in a bad light?

Reasonable question about the man's value judgements.

So we can add Chap With Wings to your list of Tom Hosie, Craig Hinchcliffe and Allan Cowan of conspirators. At what point do you start believing the whole world is out to get you? At five people? Six?

So we can add Chap With Wings to your list of Tom Hosie, Craig Hinchcliffe and Allan Cowan of conspirators. At what point do you start believing the whole world is out to get you? At five people? Six?

Let's try again here.

Few people doubt that the sptting event took place.

There are some doubters who were there and find it curious that despite the fact that they were in the vicinity they saw nothing. But the incident did take place and I have on good authority that Craig Hinchcliffe wanted the matter over, done and moved on with.

So then we have Allan Cowan help re-ignite a fire that had flamed up and been doused.

Some of us question why he did this in such a way as to damage the reputation of the support.

And for the tremerity to ask the question our own characters are brought into question. The very concept of free speech is challenged here.

Indeed you sir have the pomposity to question my sanity.

Now there are places in the world where folk who ask awkward questions are ridiculed and declared "mad" and in these sad places those unfortunates are shipped off to locations where they dont get heard from much any more.

But this is not, happily, one of those places.

So make all the pronouncements you like and, as I have said, I will defend to the death your right to pronounce

I just hope that you can be reasonable enough to allow others to voice their opinions as well.

Stop avoiding the question: why wasn't Fraser the journalist (oh, don't you just wish Jim Delahunt was here) aksed to 'investigate' the 'alleged' Paton gesture? Why wasn't the Chairman asked to comment on the 'alleged'incident?

Why don't you engage Chap With Wings in a PM conversation? He appeared to be the one directing Fraser.