Serious Question For A Moment...

Willjag

• Members

Failing that, at least one of our stands must face the sun for the maximum amount of time for solar panels to work. Initial outlay will be high but we could very quickly be in a position to be earning cash from this sort of thing. I don't know why more Clubs don't do this?

Just to shed some light on how it works

My uncle is looking to stick some up at his house in Skye,

He tells me, the cost to stick the smaller one up, is £30K, which covers the average leckie used by a house but also returns £7K a year from the national grid, which take the surplus.

The Larger Model is £70K, and returns £17K a year in the same way.

Just to shed some light on how it works

My uncle is looking to stick some up at his house in Skye,

He tells me, the cost to stick the smaller one up, is £30K, which covers the average leckie used by a house but also returns £7K a year from the national grid, which take the surplus.

The Larger Model is £70K, and returns £17K a year in the same way.

RUBBISH, the return period for 'sustainable' energy is about 20 years, thats if the equipment does not need any maintainance and still works as efficiently as it does day one (solar panels will be lucky to last 20 years).

Also it can cost a six figure sum to get a licence to generate to the national grid.

Unless you are getting mega grants, wind and solar does not pay for the installation costs.

RUBBISH, the return period for 'sustainable' energy is about 20 years, thats if the equipment does not need any maintainance and still works as efficiently as it does day one (solar panels will be lucky to last 20 years).

Also it can cost a six figure sum to get a licence to generate to the national grid.

Unless you are getting mega grants, wind and solar does not pay for the installation costs.

Yep - my understanding is that the payback period for this sort of kit is c.15 to 20 years. There are other energy saving options which have a much shorter payback period, depending on the property. Honved is pretty hot on this sort of thing.

Sorry I spoke.

Knew there was a reason I couldn't be arsed with this forum