Thistle In The Media

Premjag

The Evening News, which is Edinburgh's Evening Times equivalent.

Very good paper. Much stronger than the Evening Times in my opinion. Backed up by the amount of follow ups to evening news stories in the nationals the next day, compared to the ET.

There's clearly not the cross over appeal into news with Thistle as there is with say Dundee/Dundee United in The Courier, or Aberdeen in the Press and Journal.

Hopefully the board members leaving -- who tbh were a reason for us not getting positive press -- will help us improve our image.

Also, the Alan Rough interview was partly an example of how out of touch he was with how Thistle fans really feel, but more importantly a sign that ET's sports journalists are scared to criticise the board in case it messes up their relationship with the club.

Also, the Alan Rough interview was partly an example of how out of touch he was with how Thistle fans really feel, but more importantly a sign that ET's sports journalists are scared to criticise the board in case it messes up their relationship with the club.

I'm curious to know how much damage you think criticism of the Thistle board would do the Evening Times.

I'm curious to know how much damage you think criticism of the Thistle board would do the Evening Times.

It's just the Thistle articles are very rarely negative. I don't get the feeling really probing questions are being asked of people involved with Thistle.

Don't think there's been any stories reflecting fans feelings on the manager or the board.

It's just the Thistle articles are very rarely negative. I don't get the feeling really probing questions are being asked of people involved with Thistle.

Don't think there's been any stories reflecting fans feelings on the manager or the board.

Yes, I see your point. You suggest that searching questions from a Times journalist would somehow damage the paper. That I don't understand.

Edited by McKennan

Yes, I see your point. You suggest that searching questions from a Times journalist would somehow damage the paper. That I don't understand.

I more mean the actual journalists relationship with the club as they have a day to day relationship with them.

Might mean them losing their exclusive transfer news if they piss people off.

It's not a massive issue though.