Make Osborne Pay His Fair Share.

B.C.G. JAG

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should sign the petition JB, after all, we're all in this together.

not till it includes all the dodgers from ALL parties, not just the "i hate the tories" mob.

i agree totaly all the loop holes should be closed, it just boils my blood when labour come out about the big bad dodgers when they had 13 years to change it. :mad2:

include all partys and i will sign it :thumbsup2:

not till it includes all the dodgers from ALL parties, not just the "i hate the tories" mob.

i agree totaly all the loop holes should be closed, it just boils my blood when labour come out about the big bad dodgers when they had 13 years to change it. :mad2:

include all partys and i will sign it :thumbsup2:

I wouldn't defend anyone of any political persuasion dodging their taxes. I think the point of the petition is that all loopholes should be closed and that everyone should pay their fair share. It's just a bit galling that the man who wields the axe over vital public services is so unwilling to pay his share. If he won't take a moral stand on this, then how can we have any confidence that the other dodgers will be made to pay? I pay my taxes and I presume you do as well JB, so why should George or anyone else get away with dodging their bill? If everyone actually paid what they owed then the Treasury would be tens of billions better off, and our public services and jobs would be safer. George is in power now, let's see if he'll do the right thing? And let's see if JB can also do the right thing and put his rabid prejudices to the side and sign a petition that demands the Chancellor takes action on ALL tax dodgers.

Edited by B.C.G. JAG

I wouldn't defend anyone of any political persuasion dodging their taxes. I think the point of the petition is that all loopholes should be closed and that everyone should pay their fair share. It's just a bit galling that the man who wields the axe over vital public services is so unwilling to pay his share. If he won't take a moral stand on this, then how can we have any confidence that the other dodgers will be made to pay? I pay my taxes and I presume you do as well JB, so why should George or anyone else get away with dodging their bill? If everyone actually paid what they owed then the Treasury would be tens of billions better off, and our public services and jobs would be safer. George is in power now, let's see if he'll do the right thing? And let's see if JB can also do the right thing and put his rabid prejudices to the side and sign a petition that demands the Chancellor takes action on ALL tax dodgers.

Woof

like i said labour, 13 years and nothing :rolleyes:

IF, either a new one or this one is changed to include all people I will sign it, till then its just showing how big the lefts inferiority complex is :thumbsup2:

38 degrees are a dull but worthy coalition of well intentioned liberals but they could hardly be described as a tory hating lefty mob. what kinda twisted world do you inhabit?

so why did this not come out when labour were in (allegedly) power? ?

why have a go at only Osborne, when there are so many from ALL parties involved.

and its this world which is twisted enough thank you. :thumbsup2:;)

so why did this not come out when labour were in (allegedly) power? ?

why have a go at only Osborne, when there are so many from ALL parties involved.

and its this world which is twisted enough thank you. :thumbsup2:;)

The Chancellor wasn't fiddling his own tax returns then (whilst simultaneously forcing 17,000 of the poorest Londoners out of their homes).

Edited by B.C.G. JAG

The Chancellor wasn't fiddling his own tax returns then.

you think so :thinking: could be wrong but think that both brown and darling have been picked up for issues with there finances

If you think that he fiddling his own tax returns then take him to court, :thumbsup2: he is doing what most people do which is take advantage of a loop hole, not that the liberal democrats

http://www.politicshome.com/uk/story/9683/

or labour

http://www.kin.co.uk/news/40.html

would do anything like that....would they :rolleyes:

I am more than happy that all these loop holes should be closed but find the hypocrisy of the libs and labour (13 years) breathtaking

The Chancellor wasn't fiddling his own tax returns then (whilst simultaneously forcing 17,000 of the poorest Londoners out of their homes).

on the homes, i presume you are talking about the housing benifit.

councils are ripped off( i have first hand experiance of this) by private rental firms every day who charge way over the odds for homes that should be half the price. i spoke to the housing people and the company about this and was told that that was how it was done?????

and dont think they will be thrown out, councills will have to regnosiate terms again

Edited by jaggybunnet

on the homes, i presume you are talking about the housing benifit.

councils are ripped off( i have first hand experiance of this) by private rental firms every day who charge way over the odds for homes that should be half the price. i spoke to the housing people and the company about this and was told that that was how it was done?????

and dont think they will be thrown out, councills will have to regnosiate terms again

woudl not be a problem if there was sufficient social housing for the population

you think so :thinking: could be wrong but think that both brown and darling have been picked up for issues with there finances

If you think that he fiddling his own tax returns then take him to court, :thumbsup2: he is doing what most people do which is take advantage of a loop hole, not that the liberal democrats

http://www.politicshome.com/uk/story/9683/

or labour

http://www.kin.co.uk/news/40.html

would do anything like that....would they :rolleyes:

I am more than happy that all these loop holes should be closed but find the hypocrisy of the libs and labour (13 years) breathtaking

During the expenses scandal, Brown repaid about £12,415 and Darling £554. Darling had spent more on furniture than the rules allowed and paid the excess. Brown's expenses were for gardening and cleaning and were within the rules of the time, but Sir Thomas Legg's new retrospective limits changed that. Both men paid their dues, and whilst I'm hardly a big fan of either of them, I think it's clear that neither of them were out to deliberately cheat the system with their taxes or expenses. Compare that to Osborne who proactively sets out to exploit all the loopholes he can by employing accountants to find them for him. I would have more sympathy if he were employing those accountants to find the loopholes so that he could close them, but he's only out for personal gain. He's dodging £1.6M in tax whilst demanding the poorest in society take the brunt of his cuts - it's indefensible.

The point of the petition is that all loopholes should be closed. Since Osborne is the current Chancellor and a hypocrite extraordinaire with his claims that 'we're all in this together', he makes a pretty good poster boy for a campaign against the rich cheating their way out of paying their fair share.

During the expenses scandal, Brown repaid about £12,415 and Darling £554. Darling had spent more on furniture than the rules allowed and paid the excess. Brown's expenses were for gardening and cleaning and were within the rules of the time, but Sir Thomas Legg's new retrospective limits changed that. Both men paid their dues, and whilst I'm hardly a big fan of either of them, I think it's clear that neither of them were out to deliberately cheat the system with their taxes or expenses. Compare that to Osborne who proactively sets out to exploit all the loopholes he can by employing accountants to find them for him. I would have more sympathy if he were employing those accountants to find the loopholes so that he could close them, but he's only out for personal gain. He's dodging £1.6M in tax whilst demanding the poorest in society take the brunt of his cuts - it's indefensible.

The point of the petition is that all loopholes should be closed. Since Osborne is the current Chancellor and a hypocrite extraordinaire with his claims that 'we're all in this together', he makes a pretty good poster boy for a campaign against the rich cheating their way out of paying their fair share.

you are letting your biases show there B.C.G. JAG

As you didn't say anything about the chuckle brothers house dodge that will be ok as well then?

Did labour MPs not use public money on tax advisers to advise them how to pay as little money in tax as possible? :thinking:

I would have no problem with the petition if it was for everyone, but it is blatantly a dig at Osborne/Tories.

I did not see any of these petitions when labour were in :thinking: then again I might have and I think they were having a dig at the Tories (Ashcroft) again.

He is not doing anything wrong (legally) unlike IMHO a lot of others, labour and libs bitch about it but I don't see any real pressure being put on people to change it.

ALL MPs have lots of cash and will find some way to keep as much of there money as possible

Edited by jaggybunnet

Probably entering this late in the day but did New Labour not reduce corporation tax to an all-time low level and all to suck-up to big business? Surely during these exceptional times of austerity it would be reasonable to expect those who have so much to pay a little more. I mean, would some of the corportate big boys really miss a few squillion?

When the Spending Review was being announced it was sickening to see government MPs cheering measures that would clearly hammer those in society who have next to nothing. It's probably been said before, but a lot of what's happening just now is simply unfinished business for this lot. :mad2:

Edited by Meister Jag

we can all find links that show what we want them to :thumbsup2:

http://partyreptile.blogspot.com/

Wow, what an utterly abhorrent vile tasteless blog.

And what it fails to point out is that Vodafone were routing their UK profits through a german subsidiary to avoid UK tax, and that the Tory Govt decided not to consult HMRC litigators before dropping the case. And in the aftermath, Cameron is off globetrotting to promote the firm whilst the UK Treasury has just been duped out of £6BN. Oh yeah, and the Govt is hiring Vodafone execs as Tax advisors now! Hmmmm, what is that smell, cos it's making my nose bleed?

Meanwhile, Councils will have to find cuts of nearly 30% and lay waste to vital public services. A policy to create a housing crisis is just unfolding, and the universal welfare state has just been abandoned. But at what price? To protect Vodafone? To protect the rich who keep their undeclared monies stashed away in overseas bank accounts? To protect the financial sector who haven't even remotely apologised for bankrupting the country? To protect George Osborne's tax bill?

Is it really worth defending these people when their greed is costing ordinary people so much?

So have you signed the petition yet JB? The petition, from a non party aligned organisation, that demands a closure all of all tax loopholes for all tax avoiders, no matter what their political colour? Don't go blaming anyone else's failures, this the Government that you wanted - shouldn't you be demanding that they lead on this issue?

So will you put George before your principals? Does he mean that much to you? Does his private wealth mean more to you than the health of the economy or your own principals? You're looking after him, and he's looking after himself too.

Edited by B.C.G. JAG

Let's face it, it's the same old Tory party but with a new head boy. I think I'm right in saying that there are 16 millionaires in the cabinet and it's as if "new labour cost us big so we're back in charge." Of interest is how they've quickly returned to pick on the poor - targetting single-parents, the sick and after January whacking everyone on a low income by increasing VAT. But don't forget: "We're all in this together and Britain can become a super power again!" What gets me is how middle-Engalnd fell for the con (they admittedly also fell for Blair's project con)and how they're happy to allow papers like the Daily Mail to make scapegoats of the aforementioned disadvantaged groups.

Funny how old Lord Ashcroft has f***ed back off to his taxen haven and how the whistle-blowing Lib Dems - now Cameron's little helpers - have become mesmerised by power:

Tory peer Lord Ashcroft has deprived the public of more than £127million in a 10-year-long tax dodge. The staggering sum was estimated after the party’s chief donor yesterday admitted he is a “non-dom” and does not pay all his levies in the UK.

The billionaire, whose empire is in Belize, had promised to move here permanently in return for his peerage 10 years ago. Lib Dem Chris Huhne, who worked out the figures, blasted: “He’s avoided vast sums in a non-dom tax dodge.”

And all we want is a decent team on the park and to be debt free. Is that too much to ask? Is that wee Tory MSP John Aitken not able to do something to bail us out? I'm pretty sure he's a Jags fan. He must know a few rich party donor-types and there must be at least one who'd be bonkers enough to write off his vast fortune to avoid paying tax and to give something back to the club he's always loved but has never seen play as he was too busy watching rugger, or shooting pygmies or birching a fag or somthing posh and decadent.