Just In

Buchanan 9

I immediately thought it was an ordering off just even from the cynicism of the action alone. From the technical side of the decision Rowson was heading directly towards goal as opposed to a different angle. That I hear is as often as not the deciding factor and the last man thingy and goal scoring opportunity more commentator phrasing.

BTW what a stupid phrase goal scoring opportunity is. If Messi was playing against us and was brought down in his own half I would deem that a goal scoring opportunity. If Stephane Bonnes was tripped from behind in front of an open goal on that basis it would be less worthy of a red card.

Anyone who thinks Hodge is "ok" or "decent" must be attending games in an alternate universe.

why? i do think he has some thing to give to the team, he does make mistakes and he does want too much time on the ball but i think with the proper training he could be a good to very good player and give us the midfeid outlet to the "strikers" to score we need.

and thats witout any drink :P

why? i do think he has some thing to give to the team, he does make mistakes and he does want too much time on the ball but i think with the proper training he could be a good to very good player and give us the midfeid outlet to the "strikers" to score we need.

and thats witout any drink :P

:o T*ry HQ giving away free waccy baccy? ;)

I spent about 20 minutes just keeping an eye on Hodge yesterday (the game was that boring mostly!) What I saw was a lot of backing-off, a distinct lack of pace, skill and commitment, 7 out of 10 passes from him ended up straight at a Raith player. Thought he was woeful. But each to their own. I hope there is some improvement and I'll gladly sing his praises if/when that happens.

pretty much agree with all of that.

cairney was terrible apart from a couple of passes.

on the plus side another clean sheet, just need to score some bloody goals now and we are sorted

Agreed, apart from....

It was much more of a red than Archie's the other week. Rowson would have been into the area before the defender could have covered across and should have been able to at least get a one on one shot in, which going by the rules would have meant it was a red as he was "denied a goal scoring opportunity". I belive that's the requirement. It doesn't require that you are a deffo to score as far as I understand the rule, and Rowson isn't exactly prolific.

Edited by beep0608