Last Night's Nightmare

Jaggernaut

Suddenly the scene was Firhill, Thistle vs h*ns, and it's 4-4 with just around a minute to go. My brother and I are at the very back of what looks and feels like the main stand, although it's across where the JH stand is. Needless to say h*ns have infiltrated and are everywhere. It must be a cup match, as my brother and I are saying that the quarter of a million or so from the replay will do just nicely. But there's a horrible feeling of dread, and then it happened. With the very last action of the match, a throw-in by the h*ns and a direct back-header from what looked like Colin McAdam, past what was definitely Craig Nelson for 4-5. At that moment I woke up in despair.

Still traumatised by 45-min goal by the Bairns, I think.

Suddenly the scene was Firhill, Thistle vs h*ns, and it's 4-4 with just around a minute to go. My brother and I are at the very back of what looks and feels like the main stand, although it's across where the JH stand is. Needless to say h*ns have infiltrated and are everywhere. It must be a cup match, as my brother and I are saying that the quarter of a million or so from the replay will do just nicely. But there's a horrible feeling of dread, and then it happened. With the very last action of the match, a throw-in by the h*ns and a direct back-header from what looked like Colin McAdam, past what was definitely Craig Nelson for 4-5.

I've also had nightmares about that game for years.

But you can't turn the clock back.