Toots And The Maytals - Glasgow

MISSING WORDS

Esperanza and Bombskare will be supporting Toots and the Maytals on Thursday 1st September at the O2 Glasgow Academy.

I have a limited amount of discounted tickets for sale at tomorrow night's Ska Train in Pivo Pivo, Waterloo Street, Glasgow.

See me tomorrow night or PM me to reserve ticket(s).

Cheers.

Esperanza and Bombskare will be supporting Toots and the Maytals on Thursday 1st September at the O2 Glasgow Academy.

I have a limited amount of discounted tickets for sale at tomorrow night's Ska Train in Pivo Pivo, Waterloo Street, Glasgow.

See me tomorrow night or PM me to reserve ticket(s).

Cheers.

Toots and the Maytals are playing Glasgow?!?!?!?!?!?!?! AWESOME!!!!!!!

I saw him the last time he played a weekend night (think it was a Friday) - it's fair to say it's not the original Maytals :lol: - fantastic gig all the same - highly recommended.

To be honest I don't know anything about them themselves and have never seen them live, I only know a fair few of their tunes and think they are quality so was gonna go along.

So if its not the originals who is it? Is this a problem?

To be honest I don't know anything about them themselves and have never seen them live, I only know a fair few of their tunes and think they are quality so was gonna go along.

Toots Hibbert is still the singer and was always the main figure in the band even back when they were called The Maytals in the early 60's. There have been quite a few 'Maytals' over the years but Toots is still the main man. Should be a good night, they are always great live. If they do 'Never you Change' you'll have got your moneys worth :thumbsup2:

Definitely not a problem. I only meant that when I went to see Toots, all the 'Maytals' were considerably younger than him.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone go last night? I thought it was awesome...apart from his daughter's 2 solo songs which were utter pish.

I was there with my two teenage kids and one their girlfriends; plus a Jags mate who's into the great man. He's kissed him, I've not :unknw: Thought sound was a bit iffy at times but had a real blast. Toots and the band seemed to be amazed at the crowd reaction. Also was early enough to see two of the warm up acts - Bombskare and Esperanza - and they were both on form. IMO.

Quite a few Jags fans there; including some who are best described as being occasional visitors ;)

I was off-form, drunk and had about 2 hours sleep in 48 hours. I missed Captain Slackships who are always good. Bombskare were same old. And Esperanza I just can't warm to no matter how much I see them.

Toot's daughter put me off. Buy her new album. Buy a shitty t-shirt for £20 , buy a pint for £4.05. It was just too much of a milking for my liking.

I was off-form, drunk and had about 2 hours sleep in 48 hours. I missed Captain Slackships who are always good. Bombskare were same old. And Esperanza I just can't warm to no matter how much I see them.

Toot's daughter put me off. Buy her new album. Buy a shitty t-shirt for £20 , buy a pint for £4.05. It was just too much of a milking for my liking.

And no Guiness :thumbdown:

Also missed Captain Slackships - have heard about them but have never been on time to catch them live. I've heard tell of their strange stage attire; which doesn't make them bad people.

I quite like the other two bands and like high-energy ska. I've seen Esperanza a few times and have been won over. Saw them recently at the Pivo Pivo ska night (gets punted a lot on this DG and is a good night out) and have to say it was one of the better live performances I've seen in ages and all for a measly £5.

Totally agree that the prices at gigs are a total rip off and my youngest had mentioned paying £4.05 for a pint. when it's my round he just demands notes and no change ever comes back. But what's the point in adding the £0.05? Is that just to highlight that you're being ripped off!

Edited by Meister Jag