Lessons For A Young Management Team...

Meister Jag

Came across this in a blog and immediately thought of John Lambie and what he might advise our young management team. The entry relates to Harry "football is actually a very simple game" Redknapp. To be quite honest, I used to hate this guy - don't know why, but I thought he was just a poncey bullshit little-Englander manager of the worst sort. Happy to say that, not for the first time, I was talking out my a*** and the more I've read and heard about him the more he raises a smile. Blog entry was along the following lines (slightly edited):

"When Redknapp was appointed manager on Saturday 25 October, Tottenham were bottom of the English Premier League, having lost six and drawn two of their first eight Premier League games. Since Harry has taken over the club, the team has won three and drawn one of its next four league games as well as beating Dinamo Zagreb 4-0 in the UEFA cup. Identical players, entirely different results. The only difference is Harry "happy days are here again" Redknapp. But what a difference!

As all the Tottenham players acknowledge, Harry has given them confidence. The previous manager, Juande Ramos barely spoke English, had confused the players to death with his intricate tactical instructions. But, as Harry knows, football is a very simple game. As he explained to Tottenham's expensive new Russian signing from Spartak Moscow, Roman Pavlyuchenko, at half-time during their game against Liverpool a couple of weeks ago:

"I just told him to tell Pavlyuchenko to ******* run around a bit. The boy himself just kept nodding his head. He might be thinking inside: 'What's this tosser saying to me?'""

What can I say, genius! By the way, how much does Harry get paid for that and shades of Lambie?

Responding to my own posts, okay, I'm a sad f***! This was sent to me by a guy in Dublin last night who's mates with Declan Roche (remember him?). Declan's a boozing mate of this guy and into ska etc and he was checking out if he was still remembered at Firhill: http://www.uefa.com/news/newsid=55823.html

I'd heard a story about Lambie feeding players "pigeon tonic" at half-time; apparently most took it thinking it was a wee hauff from the boss! But I hadn't heard this one...

P.S. Did Roche not score a few for us - seem to remember a corker against Falkirk in a see-saw cup tie that we lost (high scoring game if memory serves).

Edited by Meister Jag