Thistle V Aston Villa 1997 Friendly Programme Wanted

DC80

Hello, im wondering if any of you good people may be able to help me, im looking for a Friendly programme dated 22nd July 1997 Partick Thistle v Aston Villa

Was there a programmes issued or a single sheet does anybody know? I have been searching eBay for ages hoping one comes up. I habe also mailed the club direct for help but no reply. Hope somone can help and maybe even like to sell a copy if anybody has one

Thanks for help anyone can give :thumbsup2:

DC

I've just had a look through our box of old programmes but don't have one for that particular game, sorry. Can't even remember being there! There was a programme for the friendly the following year versus Le Havre, so I'm sure there was one for Villa. Someone will have a copy!

Is there are market for old programmes out there? We have seasons worth going back to 1995.

Ahh cheers mate, appreciate you looking, hopefully one comes up soon

Loads of programmes selling on eBay and if you google ''football programmes'' loads of sellers come up, give it a try if your looking to get rid :thumbsup2:

Sorry but definitely no programme for this game DC80. The summer of 1997 was just about the only pre-season that we never issued anything for our home pre-season games (we also played Hull that summer). Which should have been a clue for the impending financial meltdown.

Only single sheet is likely to have the team lists handed to the press. There is an outside chance that I might have one of those lying around and an even slimmer chance of me finding it if I do. I’ll keep an eye open for you though.

Sorry but definitely no programme for this game DC80. The summer of 1997 was just about the only pre-season that we never issued anything for our home pre-season games (we also played Hull that summer). Which should have been a clue for the impending financial meltdown.

Only single sheet is likely to have the team lists handed to the press. There is an outside chance that I might have one of those lying around and an even slimmer chance of me finding it if I do. I’ll keep an eye open for you though.

Yeah was at that game and if a proggie had been on sale I would have bought it. If my fading memory serves me well, we got beat 2 or 3-0 and Sasa Curcic of Villa covered every blade of the Firhill grass that night. It was an astonishing performance for a pre season friendly!! He gave the opinion that he was playing in a cup final that night. Was disappointed when he knocked back our offer a few years later, though there was no doubt that he was a bit of a headbanger, just the type of guy The Great Lambini would have loved in his team!!!

http://www.heraldsco...losers-1.131321

Edited by Lindau