Squad Players

1 John Lambie

Namely; Lindsay, Campbell & Fraser. Do they have a future?

2 of them yet to feature in pre-season, all 3 loaned out last season. We seem covered at LB with Sinclair & Bannigan, Lindsay untried for CB role.

Well covered with Muirhead, O'Donnell & Paton for RB, limiting Campbell's involvement. Don't like we'll play 4-4-2, meaning no RM position to fill & well covered at CM.

We probably need another striker in the squad, is Fraser that player? Doesn't look like it.

From what I have seen, Fraser is not the player we're looking for.

We do need at least one more striker, I doubt that individually or collectively, McGuigan or Elliot will bring enough goals to the team this season, I'd absolutely love to be proved wrong, and to be fair, I have yet to see McGuigan in a Thistle jersey so will make my mind up when I see him, but being realistic, it's hard to imagine a double figures season from him.

Defensively and in midfield we're pretty well covered, probably need at least 1 more striker and maybe a centre back?

But the 3 players you've mentioned, I can't see them playing too many more games for Thistle. It's a shame for Campbell who looked like he could do a turn at right back/wing back, I've never seen Lindsay, and I don't rate Fraser.

As I said though, would love if any/all of them proved me wrong. The fact that Jackie is still looking at trialists means he's obviously not 100% happy with squad.

We appear to be short of cover in central defence unless O'Donnell or Muirhead can play there. When Muirhead was signed, the club said that he could play across the defence. It is surprising that Lindsay has not even made the bench so far. Could Sinclair, at 6 foot 2, cover for Archie with Bannigan at left back? With Bannigan playing well on the left of midfield and Lawless starting well, Erskine may play a more central role, either just behind Doolan or up front.