Liam Buchanan

Alan100

• 2 weeks later...

League of Ireland in the South, Irish League in the North. My local team Crusaders played Sligo in the semi final of the all Ireland, Setanta Cup last season. The word round Seaview at the time was that Sligo had a players budget of one million Euros. Despite the economic meltdown in the Republic, some teams have managed to generate good money. The standard would generally be higher than the Irish League. Despite Crusaders beating Sligo over two legs, and actually winning the competition, Sligo Rovers would have been one of the best teams I seen at Seaview last season. ( Crusaders total being more than the sum of its parts ) LOI teams go bust on a regular basis.but a lot of players are full time, and as previously stated it's a fairly high standard. I'm now going to contradict myself by informing you Tommy Stewart played tonight for one of Irelands best club sides, Shamrock Rovers, and scored twice against Cork in the Ford FAI Cup.