Sons Sack Adamson

kni

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20034544

He had probably taken them as far he could - "Adamson never played as a senior footballer but represented Scotland at police and junior level before his first management jobs in charge of the Scottish and British police teams."

Adamson did well to get Dumbarton into Division One and I hope he finds another club. Good luck to him.

^^ Rangers are top of Division 3 and McCoist is safe for now. Due to the transfer embargo, a new manager would be unable to sign any new players until 1st September, i.e. free agents only.

That's of course true, but having won 4 from 8 with no away wins, and halted at the Q/F stage of the Ramsdens at hunbrox, plus humbled at Stirling etc., even the sevco 'faithful' must be ready for a change.

Personally, I think fat boy is doing a superb job and, given the transfer embargo that you rightly mention, he is a born motivator to have moved his charges from 4th into top spot (albeit just) as early as late October. :D

Fat boy must stay.

That's of course true, but having won 4 from 8 with no away wins, and halted at the Q/F stage of the Ramsdens at hunbrox, plus humbled at Stirling etc., even the sevco 'faithful' must be ready for a change.

Personally, I think fat boy is doing a superb job and, given the transfer embargo that you rightly mention, he is a born motivator to have moved his charges from 4th into top spot (albeit just) as early as late October. :D

Fat boy must stay.

Large sections of the "faithful" have been yelling for a managerial change for the last few weeks on their forums and P&B. If McCoist sacked, Green would have trouble getting/funding a top class replacement to manage in Division 3. Step forward Smith or McLeish? My preferred candidate would be John Brown who, of course, has suitable experience of that division. :innocent2:

Large sections of the "faithful" have been yelling for a managerial change for the last few weeks on their forums and P&B. If McCoist sacked, Green would have trouble getting/funding a top class replacement to manage in Division 3. Step forward Smith or McLeish? My preferred candidate would be John Brown who, of course, has suitable experience of that division. :innocent2:

McCoist has a good number of shares in the club (in lieu of wages???) and up to recently has been key on keeping the bears onside (with his comments not his management) - Green may see it better having him on the inside p%ssing out (an apt expression considering the comments he comes out with) than sacking him and making an enemy.

Brown albeit in a rather thick way did ask a lot of relevant questions about who is really behind Sevco. Hasn't been a supporter of Green, anything but, though has been silent recently. Not likely to get the gig. They could "promote" McCoist to a higher position which doesn't involve managing the team and just get some experienced but cheap coach to take over - would easily do just as well if not better.

For the moment I think Green will leave things as they are with the share issue coming up - though if Sevco slip down the table again he may do as I suggest and "promote" Sally McC - but in that situation would probably need a "name" but who would take it? I think serious managers would be very wary as it could all go pear-shaped, including Smith and McLeish. Possibly an ex-player who may have no particular credentials but will be popular enough to please the ursine brigade.

Edited by Mr Bunny

Agree, Fat Sally is very much the buffer between Green and the fans and so long as he's still backing up Green and they sit top of the league, poor performances or not, I'd imagine that he will keep his job. Despite some dissenting voices he still has huge popularity with the fans and will be afforded a much greater time to turn things around than anybody else would. The fans want Ally McCoist to succeed and feel he deserves his chance to learn his trade. Hopeless manager or not Rangers still have the players to see them through the part-time ranks of SFL3 and 2 so unless he decides to move upstairs himself or Rangers hit a run of catastrophic performances I think he'll still be in the dugout this time next year.

Back to Adamson, there's an interesting article on his sacking and the split between part time and full time teams in SFL1 on Tell Him He's Pele today......... http://tellhimhespele.com/?p=2539

Edited by scottymagoo

Surely dick campbell would be the obvious choice with his record in the lower leagues and hed be popular with the support after his videod outburst of rangers sentiment???