Kit Amnesty - Please Help

honved

Some of you may have noticed a small item about this in yesterday's programme but more details are now available on the Trust website here. The Trust will be issuing a press release in the run up to the Dundee game which should let the wider fan base hear about this.

I hope you will be able to help...thanks in anticipation.

Some of you may have noticed a small item about this in yesterday's programme but more details are now available on the Trust website here. The Trust will be issuing a press release in the run up to the Dundee game which should let the wider fan base hear about this.

I hope you will be able to help...thanks in anticipation.

As you probably know, I'm secretary of Currie Boys Club and we have been looking to offload some old kit. The club has teams at pretty much all age groups from 7-17. If you think this would be of any use then I can sort it out. We can chat about it on the way to Annan on Saturday.

As you probably know, I'm secretary of Currie Boys Club and we have been looking to offload some old kit. The club has teams at pretty much all age groups from 7-17. If you think this would be of any use then I can sort it out. We can chat about it on the way to Annan on Saturday.

Very much the sort of thing we are looking for. KitAid are keen to get sets of kit if they are in decent condition.

Shameless bump for this. Lots of new strips on show at Annan so there must be a few last season Jags ones kicking around.

We don't just want Thistle stuff though, so even if you are ashamed of that OF strip your grandad bought you, bring it with you in a poly bag and stick it in.

• 2 weeks later...

Time for another bump for this.

We're looking for any strip or kit that is good enough to pass on to kids in less fortunate circumstances. Kit Aid also helps less well off kids in the UK via a tie up with Puma, who donate a monthly box of brand new surplus strips. These are usually gifted to kids groups in this country, whilst sets of strips and other used random stuff goes abroad.

We will be starting to collect stuff on Saturday, as well as selling Big Welshy's single, from the Jags Trust booth in the north concourse.

It looks likely that we will be collecting at the Falkirk cup game as well as the Stirling Albion match in September and we might extend it to the Dunfermline game based on the response.

We're hoping to get some media coverage this week, in the local press and we will rewarm the story for later on with a report on how well we are doing.

I know it's not the most exciting project in the world, nor is it important in the grand scheme of Firhill shenanigans, but look on it as a bit of light relief and see if you can come up with some stuff for us. Ask your workmates as well, OF stuff also accepted since the more of that we can get off the streets of Glasgow the better. Remember also that shinnies, goalie gloves etc are also fair game for this.

Sorry if I sound a bit like a broken record, but we are getting some good publicity about this, http://tiny.cc/71u20 page 7, http://tiny.cc/wuyi4 and weirdly, http://tiny.cc/4yryu and http://tiny.cc/4akp5.

Thanks to Big Welshy and Erik Geddes who have both helped with this. Maybe some more in the Times tonight as well.

Edited by honved

The SFL have now posted the story on their website here.

Maybe I should have pointed out right at the start that this is a Trust initiative and nothing to do with the football club. It's one of the Trust's objectives to help develop football nationally and internationally. The fact that it raises the profile of the Trust and club is incidental.

Jimmy Reid said "all that is good in man's heritage involves recognition of our common humanity, an unashamed acknowledgement that man is good by nature". Well a wee bit of common humanity is the shared love of football across backgrounds and continents and I hope that regardless of the view that you hold of the Trust, the club board, the football team and its management, being good by nature, you will support this cause.

Jimmy Reid said "all that is good in man's heritage involves recognition of our common humanity, an unashamed acknowledgement that man is good by nature". Well a wee bit of common humanity is the shared love of football across backgrounds and continents and I hope that regardless of the view that you hold of the Trust, the club board, the football team and its management, being good by nature, you will support this cause.

:thumbsup2:

Update

Twenty seven strips collected today, including a good number of Thistle strips and two Gaelic football tops. We also got a set of kids size training bibs, a pair of shinguards and a brand new pair of socks, so some folk had a good clear out!

More wanted please - we will be collecting again at the Falkirk match later this month.

Update

Twenty seven strips collected today, including a good number of Thistle strips and two Gaelic football tops. We also got a set of kids size training bibs, a pair of shinguards and a brand new pair of socks, so some folk had a good clear out!

More wanted please - we will be collecting again at the Falkirk match later this month.

I'm on hols for a couple of weeks, Tom, but I'll dig out some old tops and get them to you when I get back.