A Song To Ditch

Chicob

Oh the witty Jags. They've got all the banter. They're so cuddly.

I'm not having the best protest song in our repertoire turned in to a joke.

You keep using this word. I don't know about anyone else, but for me the song is about our indifference to their pish and mocking them for it. Not some sort of anti-sectarian rallying call.

For the record, I personally don't have a problem with the lyrics. I've defended the song many times in discussions with them and them, and will continue to do so. However, if the club don't want us singing it due to potential repercussions from the authorities then I'm all for leaving it in the past. Calling it a protest song is also good reason for ditching it altogether imo. Sounds awful green brigadey.

Hello Hello

How do you do

we hate the boys in royal blue

we hate the boys in emerald green

and McNamara's tangerines.

I'm ok with this (at least until the authorities see sense and rescind their threat to do the club), but will we get shooshed when the song starts, and before the last line gets a chance to be voiced, or will we not be trusted to 'keep it clean'?

You keep using this word. I don't know about anyone else, but for me the song is about our indifference to their pish and mocking them for it. Not some sort of anti-sectarian rallying call.

For the record, I personally don't have a problem with the lyrics. I've defended the song many times in discussions with them and them, and will continue to do so. However, if the club don't want us singing it due to potential repercussions from the authorities then I'm all for leaving it in the past. Calling it a protest song is also good reason for ditching it altogether imo. Sounds awful green brigadey.

You want to criticize the verb that I use? A tad nit picky in my opinion, but you’re entitled to your opinion.

For me the song is about the fact that I am offended by their pish and mocking them for it. Are we really that far apart?

As for the club wishing us to cease and desist – I am not completely intransigent on the matter. That’s why I joined in the debate. That’s why I proposed an alternative lyric.

And in regards to your cheap parting shot – you come across like a paranoid proddy with that one. Come back with another insult like that and I’ll simply refuse to debate further with you.

You want to criticize the verb that I use? A tad nit picky in my opinion, but you’re entitled to your opinion.

For me the song is about the fact that I am offended by their pish and mocking them for it. Are we really that far apart?

As for the club wishing us to cease and desist – I am not completely intransigent on the matter. That’s why I joined in the debate. That’s why I proposed an alternative lyric.

And in regards to your cheap parting shot – you come across like a paranoid proddy with that one. Come back with another insult like that and I’ll simply refuse to debate further with you.

I'm not trying to engage you in debate. Simply an opinion based on the general vehement tone of your big post.