Another Push For Sales Of T.h.i.s.t.l.e.

Big Welshy

CHARITY CHOSEN (T.H.I.S.T.L.E. – the second half)

Some of you will know and others won’t of my ambitious charity debut music release back in May – T.H.I.S.T.L.E. (Join the Facebook page to hear the track, find out more and check out some new videos of a certain madman singing live in various locations back in May.)

http://www.facebook.com/pages/edit/?id=113243505380936#!/pages/THISTLE/113243505380936

While selling around 1,000 singles, between physical CD and digital download, in the space of a week is a fair achievement, I had high hopes of tickling the top 100 and nestling somewhere between Jordan and Cheryl Cole (now there’s an image for you!).

Alas it wasn’t to be and with initial costs to cover, those sales have taken me just to the right side of break even. But obviously, being a charity project, I want to raise some cash – hence this secondary push for sales.

All profits are shared equally between two causes – with 50% going to Partick Thistle community initiatives and the other half to my chosen local cancer charity, St Margaret of Scotland Hospice. St Margaret’s was chosen with the blessing of Thistle player Kieran Burns after the hospice took tremendous care of his father before he tragically lost his life to the disease in April.

So even if you don’t like the track, the causes are good and genuine and well worth your £2 or 79p investment.

The physical CD, at £2, featuring a B-side from Rio Callahan can be bought from:

Fopp Records (Byres Road and Union Street)

Spar (Cleveden Road and Dorchester Avenue, Kelvindale)

The Q Club (city centre and south side)

St Margaret of Scotland Hospice

And at Firhill before the forthcoming Dundee and Stirling Albion home league games (details tbc).

The digital release, at 79p, can be bought here:

iTunes - http://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/t-h-i-s-t-l-e-feat-rio-callahan/id370186464

So buy the track (even if you want to delete it straight away!), like the page, watch the video, tell your friends and support the charity single T.H.I.S.T.L.E.

Thanks,

BW.

PS. Since I brought it out, Thistle have won three of three competitive games ...

Edited by Big Welshy