St Rochs Legends V Petershill Legends

The Mighty Quinn

got a nice phone call there, askin me to play in a st rochs legends v peasy legends. i said 'im touched you find me a legend.' boy sed 'quinny, u were the guy who scored the goal against benburb that won us the div b in the 82-3 season.' i said ' aye i remember.' good they remember i done that. i remember the game quite well. we wur drawin 1-1 n i was a centre mid, n their goalie punted it into the middle of the park, i tried to control it but took a bad touch n kinda put the ball waist high in front of me. i put my boot in to try rectify it n kinda kung fu kicked 1 of their players in the thigh. as soon as i done it, i heard the ref peep but i went over to the guy lying on the ground n said 'sorry mate, u ok?' then i signalled someone to come on help him. the ref said 'that was an honest foul, because u didnt look at me, u looked at the guy on the ground. i know u didnt mean it, but i'll need to give u a yellow card for bein reckless.' i said ok. the bens wur fumin. they thought i should have been sent off but there was no malice in it. the game went on and hughie farrell hit a corner into the box n jimmy graham heidered it off one of their defenders n it broke to me n i smashed the ball into the net. the bens couldnt win the league but they wanted to stop us, for old firm reasons. there was maybe 1500 people at provanmill park that day. place went wild. the bens were livid, sayin that 'person' to put it politely, should have been sent off. i remember it like it was yesterday. when the full time whistle went n we won the div b, place went wild. threw my boots into the crowd, but kept my top. i've still got it in my loft. memories eh? anyway, st rochs are hopin to have a game on mayday bank holiday, get a bbq goin n hopefully raise some money fr the team. there will be a bar and plus u'll get to see my 58 yr old cacrass tryin to kick a ball. the boy who is arranging this would like to get a hold of dennis mcquade, because he played fr the candy(st rochs nickname) i'm old, said i'll kick the ball for 20 mins or so. wid be good if he wid for a bit. can someone put me in touch wae dennis?

petershill are lookin for players. any 1 of u played for peasy, message me. danny drew said he'd play for uz nae prisoners wae that toerag. ive got budgie mcghie, hughie farrell, stevie rankin, martin welsh and john 'the doc' docherty willin to play for us. lol john brogan wants to play for us 'as a ringer' lol. dom sullivan is gonna confirm soon. who cares if we're all pensioners?!

Edited by The Mighty Quinn

Was at that game!

Me and the faither in law at the time,

Cany mind much about the fitba think it was something to do with the carry out we had!!!

The mussus uncles ex peasy and bens. But he stays abroad now. Jimmy Robertson?

dont know him sorry. everycunt was steamin in there, every **** bought booze in. went into the ground the wae it.crackin moment, terracin was shoutin quinny, quinny gies a goal. me n hughie were huggin each other in front of the the terracin. thats was my moment in the sun.

• 2 weeks later...

So there's no St.Roch's forum for this then?

no there isnt. i played for the roch and i am a thistle season ticket holder. tryin to drum up support for our charity game. hope ur lifes ok, but hating on people who try to help people with cancer is quite low mate. but each to their own

no there isnt. i played for the roch and i am a thistle season ticket holder. tryin to drum up support for our charity game. hope ur lifes ok, but hating on people who try to help people with cancer is quite low mate. but each to their own

Never realised I hated on anybody and coming from you that's a bit rich. Ya big turd.

observational point only.....in post #1 you said "get a bbq goin n hopefully raise some money fr the team". at no point in that post or any other post in this thread prior to today, have you mentioned the word "charity" or "cancer". just observing like.

• 4 weeks later...

is affiliation limited to have played for the "Candy" , if not then you can ask Mo Johnston

if you know of the other Quinn , you will remember him) and Greame Mitchell (ex Hibs) both who attended that fine seat of learning at the start of Royston Rd, and what of Dennis McQuade has he been invited to attend as an ex Roch legend?

just seen the email address above , cancel the last question .

Evening times ; Evening Times - May 26, 1951

http://news.google.c...=6609%2C1810794

A remarkable coincidence. inslde.right M’Grory, of St Roch’s, is now attracting senior attention, he was born and brought up In

the same close In Roystonhîll as his famous namesake of Celtic, now managing his team over in USA. -

The coincidence does not stop there, Young Tommy M’Grory made his way to junior football via the same channels as James, the goalscoring Celtic maestro of other days, namely St Rõch’s School and St Roch's Boys’ Guild team. Will Tommy now go ahead and emulate the senior deeds of the Celtic manager?

Tommy Bradley, the St Roch’s match secretary,, tells me that Sheffield United are one of the senior clubs inquiring about his

inside right.

The St Roch’s AGM. takes place tomorrow in the pavilion.commencing 3.30. New members will be enrolled.

Edited by banderas