Ma Heid's Fair Nippin'

paralytic thistle

Any advice would be greatly received regarding the following. About a week ago I was going through some old CD's giving one or two a spin. While undertaking this arduous task I rediscovered some gems and the odd little foot tapper, however there was also a lot of dross, and this is where my problem really starts, I made the monumental blunder of playing a couple of Paul McCartney CD's one of them being Ram, and subsequently I have been going about singing a turgid song about a dog with tree legs, and for the life of me, I can't stop. Therefore if anyone can provide me with a method where I no longer burst into full voice and give a rendition of this of this god awful ditty I would be most grateful, in fact, any means of erasing this tune from my memory would be heaven-sent and most welcome.

• Like 1

Just dig out a better tune and play it constantly, preferably through headphones. That'll at least cure you of compulsively singing the shite tune, although you'll simply be temporarily addicted to the, em, better tune.

Anything by Steely Dan, Stevie Wonder or the Buddy Rich Big Band is highly recommended (by me).

...... in fact, any means of erasing this tune from my memory would be heaven-sent and most welcome.

Have you tried the traditional Glasgow remedy for everything - taking a good bucket?

...or you could replace one shite tune with another by repeatedly playing Tiger Tim's Ivor Novello award winning 1970s ditty, "Oh Partick Thistle" until you forget the first song or boak, whichever is the sooner.

• 3 weeks later...