Cyclist This Evening

hamiltonjag

Driving in Hamilton just 10 minutes ago, I approached a cyclist travelling the same way as me. My personal imaginary HUD sprung to life: A***HOLE ALERT in red flashing letters. DANGER level 10 bars. Yellow toggling: BERATE/IGNORE.

But..... as we approached a set of pedestrian lights at red to my amazement the guy stopped, waited for flashing amber then proceeded on his way with hardly a wobble. I assumed the guy was probably in his 30s or 40s but glancing over at him I noticed he must've been about 16/17.

About 50 yards onwards there was a tailback of traffic. ANother surprise..... rather than "undertaking" the queue of traffic or mounting the pavement he stood and waited with the rest of us. Further on a quick glance in my mirror at the mini roundabout behind me I saw him indicate with his left arm.

Booger me! Just goes to show there's always one exception that proves the rule!

Respect to the young man! Shame on the rest of them!

That's all.

Had to say it. Credit where it's due and all that. :thumbsup2:

Driving in Hamilton just 10 minutes ago, I approached a cyclist travelling the same way as me. My personal imaginary HUD sprung to life: A***HOLE ALERT in red flashing letters. DANGER level 10 bars. Yellow toggling: BERATE/IGNORE.

But..... as we approached a set of pedestrian lights at red to my amazement the guy stopped, waited for flashing amber then proceeded on his way with hardly a wobble. I assumed the guy was probably in his 30s or 40s but glancing over at him I noticed he must've been about 16/17.

About 50 yards onwards there was a tailback of traffic. ANother surprise..... rather than "undertaking" the queue of traffic or mounting the pavement he stood and waited with the rest of us. Further on a quick glance in my mirror at the mini roundabout behind me I saw him indicate with his left arm.

That's all.

Meantime, you were speeding, changing lane without indicating, on your mobile and generally being a CVNT, I'd bet.

That's all.

Ha ha ... think all our pro-cyclist debate has finally opened your eyes to the wonder of 2 wheeled road excellence - next stop Halfords for a Boardman for you boyo!

Meantime, you were speeding, changing lane without indicating, on your mobile and generally being a CVNT, I'd bet.

Nah. To be honest I do none of the above.

Ha ha ... think all our pro-cyclist debate has finally opened your eyes to the wonder of 2 wheeled road excellence - next stop Halfords for a Boardman for you boyo!

lmao yeah the day after I become a c*ltic fan.

just to even the balance, last night great western rd junction of byres rd and queen margaret drive, when it was dark,traffic has all stopped at lights, bird on a bike comes up the central white line no front light no rear reflector no helmet and dressed in black cuts onto wrong side of the road and through the filter junction at the taxi rank for turning left onto GWR , seriously needs to learn some roadcraft. Its a nightmare trying to scrape bits of cyclist out the front grill of the gas guzzler.

just to even the balance, last night great western rd junction of byres rd and queen margaret drive, when it was dark,traffic has all stopped at lights, bird on a bike comes up the central white line no front light no rear reflector no helmet and dressed in black cuts onto wrong side of the road and through the filter junction at the taxi rank for turning left onto GWR , seriously needs to learn some roadcraft. Its a nightmare trying to scrape bits of cyclist out the front grill of the gas guzzler.

If you're not cutting about with a tonne of metal around you,you might as well be a pedestrian. Get it in perspective.

Yep. That's the norm.... the sort of cyclist that makes you wanna install those South African style anti-carjacking flamethrowers.

Edited by hamiltonjag