Football Related Joke Thread

Jagged Edge

It's time to keep the feelgood factor going after a brilliant result at the weekend with some hilarity (and a few groans). I'll kick off with a couple:

Joke #1

Partick Thistle star Kallum Higginbotham has been given a new nickname by the Firhill faithful - "Higgs Boson".

When asked about the new nickname Kallum replied, "At first I thought the fans had got the Huddersfield Corridor mixed up with the Hadron Collider, but then I remembered that Thistle fans are the most intelligent fans in the UK. It was then that I realised the new nickname is because I am a Particle Thistle player".

Joke #2

Members of Rangers oldest supporters group (who claim to have originated 600,000 years ago)* staged a protest outside Ibrox today.

A spokesthing for the ORCS (Official Rangers Club Supporters) said, "Ummgnarrumph.....ugh!"

* TV boffin Brian Cox says that Neanderthals were a different species to Homo Sapiens, but there was likely to have been some inter breeding going on - probably by Orcs slags taking advantage of some poor drunken Homo Sapiens on a Friday night (in the dark). I think we all know where the last vestiges of this murky gene pool are lingering.

If you think you can do better - please do!