Random Questions Re Jags

mat_bones

Hello - I'm making a rare visit to Glasgow tomorrow, so as a groundhopper, was planning to visit Firhill.

I know it's not far from the city centre, but how long would it take to walk from Blythswood Square ?

If I turn up at the stadium tomorrow afternoon, will it be possible a) peer through a fence, B) actually get into the ground , c) get nowhere near as it's all locked up ? etc etc Is there a club shop at the ground ? Is there an office there, and how ameniable do you think they'd be for a random stranger to look round?

I don't suppose there's a game/kickabout, or training session taking place there tomorow afternoon ?

When and where do your reserve games, youth games, U-19s etc take place ?

Where do Jags train ? At Firhill, or elsewhere ?

cheers for the answers. congrats on the win yesterday.

• Members

The office should be open. You can see clearly into the ground from there. Not sure if they still sell Club merchandise from there or not? The shop is only open on matchdays, otherwise, Jags related stuff can be purchased from official Club suppliers, Greaves Sports in Sauchiehall Street. Training is generally in the morning as a rule and I suspect the weather and previous performance rules where training takes place.

I'd give the Club a call in the morning if I were you and see what they can offer. 0141 579 1971

Hello - I'm making a rare visit to Glasgow tomorrow, so as a groundhopper, was planning to visit Firhill.

I know it's not far from the city centre, but how long would it take to walk from Blythswood Square ?

If I turn up at the stadium tomorrow afternoon, will it be possible a) peer through a fence, B) actually get into the ground , c) get nowhere near as it's all locked up ? etc etc Is there a club shop at the ground ? Is there an office there, and how ameniable do you think they'd be for a random stranger to look round?

I don't suppose there's a game/kickabout, or training session taking place there tomorow afternoon ?

There used to be a club shop in the office area, but we've got a more professional link-up with Greave's Sports a local independent, and much loved, institution. If you're really nosey ask the office for a look about. And if you walk up the lane to the right of the ground there's a big gate that you can look through, you can see the whole ground just about. The walk from the square would be about 35mins.

As others have advised, you should give the club office a ring - 0141 579 1971.

You might be best going from Blythswood Square to Sauchiehall Street, and walking downhill in the direction of the city centre on Sauchiehall Street. That way, you'll pass Greaves Sports Shop on your left, which has a selection of Jags-related items. Keep that in mind for your return journey, though, and go on to the end of Sauchiehall Street, which is also the top of Buchanan Street (with the big concert hall at the top). Walk down to the Subway station and take the short subway trip (3 stops on the outer circle - inner circle to return) to George Cross, which is a short 5-10 minute walk from Firhill. By retracing your steps, you shouldn't get lost.

How did you get on in the end mate?

Hope you got the info you were after and got into the ground etc.

What team do you support yourself?