The Firhill Pitch

potty trained

Are there not two problems with the Firhill pitch - both the antiquated USH and the fact that it sits below the canal? I'm sure the water-level under the pitch has been the cause of most of the bad drainage in the past which no doubt has an impact on the condition of the pitch through the season. If so then, although I'm not a huge fan, an artificial pitch (if we could afford one) could be an improvement. Wasn't the reason given for not progressing with this previously the Warriors tenancy money - not such an issue anymore.

It couldn't be caused by the canal, water levels are checked regularly, I suspect it's more to do with the lie of the land.

I mean underground water-levels - i.e. there is more moisture around the Firhill area in general therefore the ground is less fertile for grass growth and more susceptible to flooding.

Rather than under soil heating, should we not have heated tents over the pitch. Means the pitch is covered from rain/snow fall and incase of freezing is heated from top down instead.