The Journey

Coming back down from Dingwall today, we went past Stirling and I was reminiscing about playing Stirling Albion, who, much like Arbroath, we seemed to play every other week when we were in the 1st and 2nd divisions. I actually quite liked trips to both these towns - the Albion bar and the snacks from the chippy across the road, Smokies and pints in the Smugglers Inn (Europes biggest rum menu) but we are better off where we are now. Thinking about where Archie is now, who would have predicted it when he got sent off at Forthbank for 'fouling' the quite loathsome (to me anyway) Zahani Oni under the equally despicable Kevin Drinkell? We know how good Archie is but where are Drinkell and Zahani Oni? As they say - form is temporary, class is permanent....

• Like 3

Coming back down from Dingwall today, we went past Stirling and I was reminiscing about playing Stirling Albion, who, much like Arbroath, we seemed to play every other week when we were in the 1st and 2nd divisions. I actually quite liked trips to both these towns - the Albion bar and the snacks from the chippy across the road, Smokies and pints in the Smugglers Inn (Europes biggest rum menu) but we are better off where we are now. Thinking about where Archie is now, who would have predicted it when he got sent off at Forthbank for 'fouling' the quite loathsome (to me anyway) Zahani Oni under the equally despicable Kevin Drinkell? We know how good Archie is but where are Drinkell and Zahani Oni? As they say - form is temporary, class is permanent....

Dunno if you saw my post a few weeks back, but sadly the Albion Bar is no more....

Hopefully we can now progress and become an established top 6 team but I miss the trips to the likes of Arbroath and Ayr. Winning the league at Forfar and Lambie with the players appearing in he stand and entertaining the jubilant fans with the party songs. Great memories. Hopefully we get some decent cup tie away days next season.