Thistle Related Videos

If you see (or create) any rare Thistle-related videos please share.

I’m especially fascinated with the older videos, I don’t even care if we’re getting beat. In fact, as far as I’m aware, there’s 7 League games from the 70s on YouTube and we’ve no’ won any of them so far. :rolleyes:

Here’s the latest for the collection:

27.10.1979 Morton [h] L1-4 (SFL Premier Division - game 11)

Another defeat, but on a brighter note, you get to see big Beastie (RIP) slam home a penalty in his own inimitable fashion...

• 6 months later...

Same poster has the following "new entries" to the Thistle video portfolio. Unfortunately, all through green tinted specs. Copy and pasting into YouTube search should bring them up if you're interested. Ronnie Glavin. :(

…Tom McAdam v Partick Thistle (10 Dec 1977) ? 10' [1-0] ? SPD, Celtic Park

…Ronnie Glavin v Partick Thistle (22 Apr 1978) ? 17' [1-0] ? SPD, Celtic Park

…Johnny Doyle v Partick Thistle (22 Apr 1978) ? 22' [3-0] ? SPD, Celtic Park

…Peter Grant v Partick Thistle (5 Dec 1992) ? SPD, Firhill

…Henrik Larsson v Partick Thistle (24 Aug 2002) ? 72' [0-1] ? SPL, Firhill

…Henrik Larsson v Partick Thistle (17 Nov 2002) ? 90' [4-0] ? SPL, Celtic Park

…Henrik Larsson v Partick Thistle (29 Nov 2003) ? 20' [1-1] ? SPL, Celtic Park

I'm obviously a glutton for punishment and looked at these videos.

I was at that Morton game - they had a decent side at that time. I'm fairly sure the final score of 4-1 was a bit of a travesty though as we played well but just couldn't score. I think there was a bit of crowd trouble with bottles flying about the Shed.

I checked out the Ronnie Glavin goal for Celtic against us...a particularly hard one to watch as Ronnie is my all-time favourite Thistle player and the assist was by Joe Craig. Glavin & Craig scored about 30 goals for them one season...I remember on more than one occasion leaving Firhill after Thistle had played well but couldn't score when word went round that Ronnie and Joe had both scored again for them.

Terrible defending and goalkeeping in the 1956 League Cup Final...I suspect we probably played quite well but couldn't score.

Good to see the current squad continuing the Thistle Tradition.

By the way, I'm finding the latest way to make sure your video embeds is to type:

[medib] paste your http URL, removing the s from https [/medib]

(I've mis-spelled the word media to ensure the written display)

Ten-Thirty on Peter & Roughie part 1

This was recorded back in February, first time I've seen it. Bertie reveals that he regrets blocking an offer from Birmingham for Roughie, feeling that he selfishly hindered the player's progress.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7x1ONLU8Z0s

Edited by The Jukebox Rebel

Ten-Thirty on Peter & Roughie part 2

Last 10 minutes is best of the lot as the talk focuses more on the Jags. Surprised to hear that Bertie reckons that Thistle were underachievers on his watch, a bit of a back handed compliment to the talent at Firhill in the latter half of the 70s.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LL9Bq0lEPIc

Edited by The Jukebox Rebel

I checked out the Ronnie Glavin goal for Celtic against us...a particularly hard one to watch as Ronnie is my all-time favourite Thistle player and the assist was by Joe Craig.

Good spot. Check the Johnny Doyle goal - Joe Craig with the assist again. The b*gger deliberately controls the ball with his hand before delivering the killer pass. Hero to zero. :mad: