David Amoo - More / Any Penalties

jagfaelivi

Well with our new player saying in more than one interview that he likes to "run at" the opposition there must be a fair chance we'll get a penalty this season!?

That would be nice. I often have felt that Higgy and his ilk should have been going hell for leather in the box rather than trying to play wee one twos which might work for Barca but at our level are much less successful.

Or am I just old fashioned?

100 metres in 11.39 seconds sounds impressive to me even if that was 10 years ago. So if he's still very pacy you'd expect the lad to "run at the opposition".

I tend not to blame the players for the lack of penalties last season but rather an assortment of jokers dressed usually in black. And if Amoo is as fast as made out then John Beaton, who when fitter once did the 100 metres in just under 60 secs, will best bring a pair of binoculars.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

100 metres in 11.39 seconds sounds impressive to me even if that was 10 years ago. So if he's still very pacy you'd expect the lad to "run at the opposition".

I tend not to blame the players for the lack of penalties last season but rather an assortment of jokers dressed usually in black. And if Amoo is as fast as made out then John Beaton, who when fitter once did the 100 metres in just under 60 secs, will best bring a pair of binoculars.

As a general rule,anyone who can run 100 metres in under 11 seconds is seriously quick so when I saw that stat about Amoo, my initial impression was that it wasn't remarkably fast. However, he was only 14 years of age 10 years ago so that is very rapid for a boy of that age. From the video clips, it looks like he has some footballing ability to go with his pace - I feared that it would be difficult to find a replacement anywhere near as good as Higgy but Amoo might have a chance to fill the gap.