Closed Doors V Pars

ayrshire jag

apparently the trialist is James Alabi according to p&b. ex stokeand celtic amongst others. his wikipedia page doesn't look too good! sign him!

Pretty sure that's him, jeez he is a big guy for a 20 year old!!

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/65998000/jpg/_65998585_jamesalabi.jpg

Edited by Lindau

Loads of things to like about Alabi ( it was him as everybody was calling him James) he is strong, quick and holds the ball up well - lot of wee clever lay offs as well + he took both goals well.

Banzo DID stand out as did young Lindsay. It was Gary Miller at right back and he was a bit mixed, one good run. Seaborne looked good but Frans looked a bit ponderous, but, hey, it was the first game. Booth looked a bit less of a threat than he looked at the tail end of the season - but again it's early to comment.

David Amoo looked a bit behind the pace of the game and wanted to dribble past every body, I thought.

Young Leyden has filled out a bit and looks like we'll get something out of him. McDaid had a couple of runs and I thought Jack Hendry looked class when he came on.

Osman, Stevenson , Welsh and Elliott were all there but not called on. I asked Sean how he was and he said he's fit. Didn't see Cerny, though.

Quite enjoyed it as there were some meaty tackles. A good outing.

Loads of things to like about Alabi ( it was him as everybody was calling him James) he is strong, quick and holds the ball up well - lot of wee clever lay offs as well + he took both goals well.

Banzo DID stand out as did young Lindsay. It was Gary Miller at right back and he was a bit mixed, one good run. Seaborne looked good but Frans looked a bit ponderous, but, hey, it was the first game. Booth looked a bit less of a threat than he looked at the tail end of the season - but again it's early to comment.

David Amoo looked a bit behind the pace of the game and wanted to dribble past every body, I thought.

Young Leyden has filled out a bit and looks like we'll get something out of him. McDaid had a couple of runs and I thought Jack Hendry looked class when he came on.

Osman, Stevenson , Welsh and Elliott were all there but not called on. I asked Sean how he was and he said he's fit. Didn't see Cerny, though.

Quite enjoyed it as there were some meaty tackles. A good outing.

Agree with most of that but I thought it was the other way about re the centre half's. Thought Dan looked rusty and off the pace. It certainly was no friendly, with plenty of crunching tackles. Millers run in the first half was unbelievable. He hurdled about 5 dangerous tackles then the ref awarded a free kick to Dumbarton!! Enjoyable game. Early days, but Alabi showed enough to think he might do a job when fully fit. Disappointed that Welsh didn't get a run out but with the Sons players not holding back, in hindsight it was maybe a good call.