Reserves Today

Semi Nurainen

3-0 up when I left with about 10 to go.

Won it comfortably with 80% of the possession. Their young keeper had a nightmare though. We occasionally did our best to throw away the early lead with some awful defending - must be something that gets taught to players the first day they arrive at Firhill! Possibly called 'playing the Thistle way'. 

However good performances all round, with the Jags reserves in the driving seat throughout and the result never in doubt; of course there would be no first team players there to bolster the side as they are at an 'intensive training campaign'. So even better in that light.

Unfortunately I don't know many of the reserve players so cant name names, but nos. 3, 7 and 10 stood out for me: No.5 big tall lanky centre half, despite a few suicide moments early on, looked very comfortable on the ball for a centre back and was always looking for the pass.

Worse things to do on a Monday afternoon.

Coulibaly has been a regular in the reserves this season - he even got a mention on the Sevco website, but no sign of him on Monday. I had anticipated the team would be purely reserves as I assumed even the first team fringe players would be doing 'intensive training etc etc.';  in Coulibaly's case, as the Lady says 'for the remaining reserve games' ... before he gets punted to another club to come back to haunt us.

Interesting, and slightly worrying, that QOS first team (which has been in freefall for about two months, and who began to like our 'get out of jail relegation zone' card), pumped the Jambos 2-1 in a friendly at the same time.

Edited by Semi Nurainen
shocking punctuation as usual.