Spl 'b' Teams In Sfl?

McKennan

So what would happen if an Old Firm reserve team won the First Division? Would they be barred from promotion. I suspect that this is a fig leaf for the real OF plan - first teams in the EPL, reserve teams in SPL. Regional reserve leagues, possibly including Junior teams, and the return of the Glasgow Cup would be better options.

I remember when this was mooted a couple of seasons ago there was real polarised opinions. I think I was of the opinion that a rangers or celtic (any SPL side for that matter) second team would spice up the third division and thus would be welcome. The provisos would be that they couldn't get promoted and change their playing squads outwith the transfer windows. Also I'd add in that they couldn't sign players on loan.

Others argued that this could be the thin edge of the wedge so to speak and I could see their point. I can only imagine that such a move would bring revenue into the game so it shouldn't be discarded lightly. I guess clubs like Albion Rovers, East Stirling, Clyde etc would be quite keen on the idea, a home game for them against an ugly sister B team is bound to bring in a bit more dough. Surprised then to read some of the comments.

The addition of the reserve side of the spl teams and any others that wont to add them is only to paper over the cracks.

The leagues need restructuring , the revenues need to be distributed more evenly ( see atricle in same paper by the killie chairman regarding the OF snafflign of the revenues).

We need a 16 team top divison then a further league of 14/16/18 , they rest got into 4 pyramid leagues based on geography consistign of league/junior/amateurs/highland/east of scotland/south of scotland clubs.

THE GOVERNING BODIES NEED TO AMALGAMATE, so we have everyone on the same page working towards the same goals,-"better entertaining football".

The other option is to go down an American style Franchise league , where certain factors population/facilites/finances need to be met to allow teams to operate( we would be fecked in this scenario!)