Meeting With Ptfc Directors

stolenscone

A few Questions to stolenscone and honved.

•  
  • Is the resignations of the Two Diddies one of the items the Trust were demanding be met?
  • Do you anticipate relations with the board of directors to be easier/better now these two diddies have departed, and also in terms of getting a JT rep (or two?) on the Club Board?
  • In your opinion, is there any other board members who could do with handing in their resignation letters tout suite, to further improve relations between the board, trust and fans?

Understand if nothing can be said (at least publically) at present, but if it can, be good to get an answer either now, or certainly once you have concluded your "week to 10 days" of further discussions with the club.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few Questions to stolenscone and honved.

•  
  • Is the resignations of the Two Diddies one of the items the Trust were demanding be met?
  • Do you anticipate relations with the board of directors to be easier/better now these two diddies have departed, and also in terms of getting a JT rep (or two?) on the Club Board?
  • In your opinion, is there any other board members who could do with handing in their resignation letters tout suite, to further improve relations between the board, trust and fans?

Understand if nothing can be said (at least publically) at present, but if it can, be good to get an answer either now, or certainly once you have concluded your "week to 10 days" of further discussions with the club.

Taking your points in turn:

1. I made a fairly long post at page 3 of the "Cowan + Hughes have resigned" thread. I think that I've answered this point in there, but please say if you think that I haven't;

2. The Board Rep issue remains unresolved and we are working hard on that this week. That said, I do think that these resignations are a positive step for the football club. What I think they do is to go part of the way towards drawing a line under the past and allow us all to pull together as one to sort the club's problems out (and there are many). This marks a good first step and to my mind, personally, it sets the scene for a more productive relationship with the club board. That new relationship will be tested over time, however, and the next few months will be crucial for the football club;

3. If another board member was on the brink of resigning, then you wouldn't expect me to announce it here before the club says anything. It's not polite, businesslike or credible for me to do that, and I'd like to think that I'm at least two of those things. I will say that I'm not green enough to think that all of our problems have been solved overnight, I have a fair idea of where some of the remaining problems are, and I am persuaded that there is a willingness to resolve them. More than that, I'm afraid I can't say at this time.

Taking your points in turn:

1. I made a fairly long post at page 3 of the "Cowan + Hughes have resigned" thread. I think that I've answered this point in there, but please say if you think that I haven't;

2. The Board Rep issue remains unresolved and we are working hard on that this week. That said, I do think that these resignations are a positive step for the football club. What I think they do is to go part of the way towards drawing a line under the past and allow us all to pull together as one to sort the club's problems out (and there are many). This marks a good first step and to my mind, personally, it sets the scene for a more productive relationship with the club board. That new relationship will be tested over time, however, and the next few months will be crucial for the football club;

3. If another board member was on the brink of resigning, then you wouldn't expect me to announce it here before the club says anything. It's not polite, businesslike or credible for me to do that, and I'd like to think that I'm at least two of those things. I will say that I'm not green enough to think that all of our problems have been solved overnight, I have a fair idea of where some of the remaining problems are, and I am persuaded that there is a willingness to resolve them. More than that, I'm afraid I can't say at this time.

Thanks for the reply stolenscone, appreciated.

On point 1, I saw your post in the "Good Ridence Cowan And Hughes" thread, half an hour or so after making this post - I'd been away from the www since before the news had broken and had a dose of threads and posts to read when I logged on late last night - so yes, this point has been pretty much answered.

On point 2, I hear you.

On point 3, I accept you wouldn't be announcing any resignation that is the club's role to announce, but did precede my 3 questions with "Understand if nothing can be said (at least publically) at present, but if it can, be good to get an answer either now, or certainly once you have concluded your "week to 10 days" of further discussions with the club.". But I also hear you on the second part of your reply to this question, and that's good enough for me right now.

Once again thanks a lot for the reply and I wish you and the Trust the very best and every success in your endeavours to force change for the good of Partick Thistle and the weeding out of various deadwood, chancers and bad apples that are/have been contributory to the decline of our once great club.

Thistle Are Rising Again? Fingers crossed :thumbsup2: