Meeting With Ptfc Directors

stolenscone

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not exactly the response I or other would have been looking for probably at this juncture, and the statement could be seen by many to be the trust not yet growing a pair yet, and/or the Board trying to buy some time over Propco application and other cunning plans of theirs to bring about armageddon.

However, following a series of telephone calls after the meeting had finished, it is the opinion of the Trust board that progress has been made

I can only hope this involves something along the lines of the Trust demanding the likes of Cowan, Hughes and Prentice (these three will do for starters) resign from their positions as well as the board, and hand back any shares they were gifted to the club, whereby during the meeting this demand wasn't entertained but the subsequent series of phone calls mean others on the board are now coming round to the Thistle support's way of thinking and moves are afoot to oust these 3 stoogies on these terms, and at least give the club a slim chance of surviving. If these 3 are allowed to remain (as well as some others) and possess an interest/influence in the club, then they WILL be a very large factor in the death of the club as we know it.

Not exactly the response I or other would have been looking for probably at this juncture, and the statement could be seen by many to be the trust not yet growing a pair yet, and/or the Board trying to buy some time over Propco application and other cunning plans of theirs to bring about armageddon.

I can only hope this involves something along the lines of the Trust demanding the likes of Cowan, Hughes and Prentice (these three will do for starters) resign from their positions as well as the board, and hand back any shares they were gifted to the club, whereby during the meeting this demand wasn't entertained but the subsequent series of phone calls mean others on the board are now coming round to the Thistle support's way of thinking and moves are afoot to oust these 3 stoogies on these terms, and at least give the club a slim chance of surviving. If these 3 are allowed to remain (as well as some others) and possess an interest/influence in the club, then they WILL be a very large factor in the death of the club as we know it.

Add Bannerman and Gilfillan to the mix and then we might start getting somewhere....we really need these 5 out....NOW!!!

In answer to an earlier question, Tom Hogg, Morag McHaffie and I met with David Beattie and Jim Alexander. Billy Allan was also scheduled to meet with us, but a business matter called him away on the morning of the meeting and he sent his apologies.

You all deserve more substance than the announcement on the Trust website. We are working hard to bring that to you over the next week.

David Stewart

When this open meeting takes place, I hope as many Jags fans as possible attend. If only a handful turn up, the Board will take that as Carte Blanche to do whatever they like and nobody really can complain.

Never a truer word spoken.

Add Bannerman and Gilfillan to the mix and then we might start getting somewhere....we really need these 5 out....NOW!!!

Don't disagree one iota either about these two - and they along with the other three have been listed in my "whats on your mind" the past 3 weeks, and also mentioned in my post i made directly after the one in this thread, in my GTF list in the Ian McCall thread.

In answer to an earlier question, Tom Hogg, Morag McHaffie and I met with David Beattie and Jim Alexander. Billy Allan was also scheduled to meet with us, but a business matter called him away on the morning of the meeting and he sent his apologies.

You all deserve more substance than the announcement on the Trust website. We are working hard to bring that to you over the next week.

David Stewart

Excuse me if I am not over-whelmed. The last time that I saw David Beattie, if memory serves me correctly, he was playing straight man for Mr Prentice and his Leap of Faith. Jim Alexander is an ASSOCIATE director of the club (with apologies to the hard working J. J.) who seems gets all the jobs that no-one else wants to do and the amazing invisible man that is Billy Allan remains, well, invisible. No Cowan. No Hughes. No Prentice. Both incredible and at the same time believable

Could we be looking at a situation where the representatives of the Board say one thing at a meeting only for those who have (or believe they have)the real power at Firhill to step in and veto what has been agreed. It wont be the first time that we've been mugged by the Gang of Three.

PS It has been brought to my attention that Jim Alexander is in fact now a FULL Director of the Club.

My congratulations tp Jim, with apologies for inadvertantly under-rating him.

Crikey! Is nobody allowed to know even the good news around here

Edited by MMCF

Although, as the statement makes explicit, it's not the outcome many would have wanted, it seems the wheels are now in motion and the Trust is rousing itself to stand up and be counted. Happy with that. For now.

Echoing others, I'd urge as many people as possible to attend the open meeting. We've got plenty to say, the Trust is giving everyone the opportunity to be heard. Let's use it.

As a well known trust sceptic, I have to say what I was told by Mr Honved yesterday was very encouraging indeed and in Tom and David, we have 2 guys who are realy pushing for the change that we all agree is needed.

:thumbsup2:

But for the avoidance of doubt Mr B was not made a party to any of the detail! I just gave him a lift along the road from the pub and suddenly he is on here claiming insider knowledge :lol: As Berti Vogts once said - cheeky boy!

But for the avoidance of doubt Mr B was not made a party to any of the detail! I just gave him a lift along the road from the pub and suddenly he is on here claiming insider knowledge :lol: As Berti Vogts once said - cheeky boy!

I think we all know what really happened here. Tomved tried out his newly learned hypnotism techniques with an ambitious starting point. If he can make Grant think something about the Trust is good, it's a walk in the park convincing the bank manager to carry out a wire transfer to his Nigerian bank account...

Excuse me if I am not over-whelmed. The last time that I saw David Beattie, if memory serves me correctly, he was playing straight man for Mr Prentice and his Leap of Faith. Jim Alexander is an ASSOCIATE director of the club (with apologies to the hard working J. J.) who seems gets all the jobs that no-one else wants to do and the amazing invisible man that is Billy Allan remains, well, invisible. No Cowan. No Hughes. No Prentice. Both incredible and at the same time believable

Could we be looking at a situation where the representatives of the Board say one thing at a meeting only for those who have (or believe they have)the real power at Firhill to step in and veto what has been agreed. It wont be the first time that we've been mugged by the Gang of Three.

PS It has been brought to my attention that Jim Alexander is in fact now a FULL Director of the Club.

I'm kinda with you in all you've said up to now, but is above not a trifle post haste?

I'm kinda with you in all you've said up to now, but is above not a trifle post haste?

Might I draw yoour attention to another thread (If you are a concerned ....) which I think highlights what a patient person I can be, especially when having to deal with PTFC.

Having said that, given that we are bottom of the league, leaking (money) like the Titanic just after it's encounter with the iceberg and have the spectre of the PROPOCO hovering I would say that time is of the essence.

Might I draw yoour attention to another thread (If you are a concerned ....) which I think highlights what a patient person I can be, especially when having to deal with PTFC.

We could always look at your contributions to the spitting thread to remind ourselves how paranoid you can be, too.

We could always look at your contributions to the spitting thread to remind ourselves how paranoid you can be, too.

Ah but the advantages of being paranoid, allegedly, are that you can have multiple opinions and still be right :lol:

And on that theme condiser this if you will

"However, following a series of telephone calls after the meeting had finished......"

This from the statement by David Stewart on the Jags Trust web site.

I just wonder who phoned who first?

Or put another way who blinked?

Edited by MMCF

Having said that, given that we are bottom of the league, leaking (money) like the Titanic just after it's encounter with the iceberg and have the spectre of the PROPOCO hovering I would say that time is of the essence.

I'm not disagreeing with you apart from believing that it would be better to await David's report on Friday's meeting.

I'm not disagreeing with you apart from believing that it would be better to await David's report on Friday's meeting.

If you consider the time scale here, that the meeting with the Board was first mooted on the 30th August with the hope that it would happen before the AGM of 9th September. It didn't take place until 17th September, no fault of the Trust, and still we may have to wait another week to ten days until (25th - 28th September) David is able to furnish his report. And the proposed Supporters meeting will take place within the next three weeks, it is hoped, which takes us into the second week in October. By which time we will have played Dunfermline at home, Ross County away, twice (league and Alba Cup) and be facing a visit from Falkirk. There's a scenario which says that the Joe Thistle football fan may not be that patient if the results in these fixtures go against us. If we are out of the Alba cup and still on three points at that stage how many will bother to turn up for a meeting, especially when many more fans are not bothering to show up for a game?

Okay, I'm not sometimes the most optomistic of people (can't think where I picked up that habit) but it is a worrying and possible scenario which makes some of us keen to see matters pressed on with

If you consider the time scale here, that the meeting with the Board was first mooted on the 30th August with the hope that it would happen before the AGM of 9th September. It didn't take place until 17th September, no fault of the Trust, and still we may have to wait another week to ten days until (25th - 28th September) David is able to furnish his report. And the proposed Supporters meeting will take place within the next three weeks, it is hoped, which takes us into the second week in October. By which time we will have played Dunfermline at home, Ross County away, twice (league and Alba Cup) and be facing a visit from Falkirk. There's a scenario which says that the Joe Thistle football fan may not be that patient if the results in these fixtures go against us. If we are out of the Alba cup and still on three points at that stage how many will bother to turn up for a meeting, especially when many more fans are not bothering to show up for a game?

Okay, I'm not sometimes the most optomistic of people (can't think where I picked up that habit) but it is a worrying and possible scenario which makes some of us keen to see matters pressed on with

:thinking:

And when is the decision on the propco planning app to be decided, and where it fits into this timeline?

:thinking:

And when is the decision on the propco planning app to be decided, and where it fits into this timeline?

From the Propco thread:

The application was validated by the Council on 28 June 2010. The Council has a statutory timescale for making a decision of 4 months. The matter is, as I understand it, currently out for consultation with certain bodies (e.g. the roads dept) and as of a few weeks ago, the Council were waiting for responses from some of the consultees. The Council expect a decision to be made before the end of October deadline, but as ever, you can never get them to commit to giving an earlier response.

For those interested in following progress, the application number is (I think) 10/01480/DC and Glasgow council has a fairly good planning portal on its website.

Understandable that you, or I, never knew this as Jim isn't even listed in the Boardroom section of the official website. The one guy who is worth his salt and he doesn't get credited, now why doesn't that surprise me?

There's a scenario which says that the Joe Thistle football fan may not be that patient if the results in these fixtures go against us. If we are out of the Alba cup and still on three points at that stage how many will bother to turn up for a meeting, especially when many more fans are not bothering to show up for a game?

That, or the resultant outrage guarantees a healthy presence.

I've accused the Trust of dragging its heels in the past, but I firmly believe it's starting to make headway.

The very fact accusations of procrastination can now solely be levelled at the board puts the Trust in a position of relative power, imo.