Is Thie What The Bbc Coverage Has Come To?

PaleGreySky

"A goal either side of half-time ensured Dunfermline beat Partick Thistle and remained top of the First Division.

Patrick Clarke opened the scoring for the visitors with a 25-yard strike in the 28th minute.

And Andy Kirk completed the win with 20 minutes left, latching on to a Steven McDougall pass and slotting home.

Joe Cardle also threatened for the Pars while Thistle's Kris Doolan and Patrick Boyle had shots saved by Dunfermline goalkeeper Bryn Halliwell."

Wow.

I saw that as well and thought that anybody relying on the BBC is getting short-changed.

They had somebody at the game for Sportsound - who gave a decent report for the radio after the game (although he did say the result was possibly a bit unfair on thistle !!?). Couldn't they have gotten him to write a short (but accurate) report for the web or even just transcribe his report and put it up?

The BBC had a piece on West Brom's Luke Moore going out on loan yesterday. It claimed that they were managed by Roberto Mancini but was corrected eventually. BBC Sport employs a lot of women writers who know SFA about football.

I know i'm about to open a can of worms but I dont really think the sex of the writer matters that much - they just have to check facts. The teams for the game yesterday were correctly listed under the report - even a casual check would highlight who Halliway actually plays for. My cat could have given a more accurate report for yesterdays game if it had listened to the radio (and could speak/type/communicate in anyother way understood by humans).

I know i'm about to open a can of worms but I dont really think the sex of the writer matters that much - they just have to check facts. The teams for the game yesterday were correctly listed under the report - even a casual check would highlight who Halliway actually plays for. My cat could have given a more accurate report for yesterdays game if it had listened to the radio (and could speak/type/communicate in anyother way understood by humans).

While we're on the topic though, and seeing as Sportsound was mentioned: Sandra Brown. Every week: "Queen of the South are great. All others are lesser teams in comparison to Queen of the South. I'm a Queen of the South fan. By the way, Queen of the South are great." Makes no attempt to be balanced at all. Really dislike her voice because of that.

There is something a little ironic in the title of the thread.

Never noticed that 1st time lol It is only gonna get worse with the beeb having a freeze on wages for the next few years !

I, to be honest only rely on them for the weather and even that simple thing they manage to feck up on a regular basis lol :wall:

Yes my edit is due to gramatical issues !!

Edited by Jaggy1967

To be fair, I don't take a wage for my posts on here, and I don't claim to be professional. I could very easily write a significantly more accurate, informative and interesting take on yesterday's game than what the BBC came up with. They do it every week, as well.

No need to justify yourself to the likes of me, i'm just being a knob for the hell of it , a response of 'suck my dick' or 'go **** yourself' would have been adequate and acceptable.

I e-mailed a complaint to the BBC after last week's match report - four sentences which gave the score, who scored the goals and nothing else. (That any of it was accurate is, of course, unusual.) My point was that I hoped they hadn't paid anyone to go to the game for this as, if they had, they - and the licence-fee payers (i.e. me) - were getting done. The response so far? Go on, guess...

:thinking: Who ? :unsure::blink::unknw:

Or are you trying to be ironic? :confused1:

As for the Bumbling Bullshit Corporation, if their 'reports' were published as a newspaper, I wouldn't wipe my rear end with it.

As far as I understand the BBC website reports are done via phone-feed from former footballers.

The press association have an arrangement with the SPFA where they send former SFL league players along to commentate incidents at games as they happen to a copy taker miles away down south in a PA factory who in turn fires it onto the Beeb.

Little wonder mistakes are made. It's a stupid way of doing it.