Flat Selling/estate Agents

brodieboy

I'm about to put my flat on the market as we now need somewhere bigger (spacious 1 bedroom flat in Kelvinside Drive not far from Firhill if anyone is interested for more details/pictures...)

Has anyone managed to sell recently and if so, can you offer advice on who to use/avoid? My experience with Pacitti Jones has been good in the past albeit only when buying.

Also, having bought in July 2008, how likely is it that I'll manage to recoup my money?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Edited by brodieboy

I'm about to put my flat on the market as we now need somewhere bigger (spacious 1 bedroom flat in Kelvinside Drive not far from Firhill if anyone is interested for more details/pictures...)

Has anyone managed to sell recently and if so, can you offer advice on who to use/avoid? My experiences with Pacitti Jones has been good in the past albeit only when buying.

Also, having bought in July 2008, how likely is it that I'll manage to recoup my money?

Thank in advance for any advice.

My opinion is that if you want your flat sold use the big professional outfits, ie Slater Hogg and Clyde on Byres Rd. Despite the fact that a lot of the action is on websites these days they still seem to get you more visitors than anyone else. I've used Slater Hogg & Howieson twice in the last ten years and been quite happy. There doesn't seem to be much difference in the price/cut charged anyway.

Has anyone managed to sell recently and if so, can you offer advice on who to use/avoid? My experiences with Pacitti Jones has been good in the past albeit only when buying.

Thank in advance for any advice.

Have just sold my house and bought a smaller one in May of this year I would recommend you stay clear of Countrywide.

Total disaster despite all parties using the same company; although we did get there in the end.

Used Slater Hogg in the past and they were no bother at all.

Avoid Pacitti Jones when selling. They're worse than 3 men short.

Used Slater Hogg West End last time. Bad experience, actually their staff were corrupt and useless. Tried to rip us off for money and one of them left pronto middway through.

TBH not everyone will have that experience but I'd try elsewhere first. Friend used Clyde recently and had no problems but my mother did. Its just your luck.

I'm currently marketing my flat via Slater Hogg (who, by the way, are owned by countrywide) and other than having to completely re-write the schedule for them, get them a map that didn't suggest my flat was actually 2 miles from where it really is, correct them when they put the wrong details on their website AND "rightmove" and wait for them to fix said errors they've been okay.

Won't be rushing to throw my money at them again though...