• HULL CITY
    • WIGAN ATHLETIC
    • BURNLEY
    • PORTSMOUTH

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loved the Man U team of the 90s, midfield of Scholes Keane Giggs Beckham, outstanding. They played the best football I've ever seen. Better than Arsenal at their peak for me, although the invincibles team takes some beating!

Have a soft spot for Crystal Palace, always look out for their score on a Saturday after I went to a game few years back. But if it was Premiership, I'd have to say my favourite is Man U. Always played the game the right way, and I love to see the passion Neville Scholes and Giggs have for their club it is inspiring.

We were never going to make it hard today. :thumbsup2:

Congratulations. It's the only consolation from a terrible season stopping THEM from winning the league.

Liverpool FC have no guts and no integrity and their fans are a pathetic collection of grief junkies. It's only a matter of time before Man Utd take the title record outright, and when they do, Liverpool will never, ever get it back.

By the way, according to Wikipedia, the rivalry between Blackpool and Preston North End is the strongest in the English football. Is that true?

It's not even the 'strongest' in Lancashire - that honour goes to Blackburn v Burnley - however, it's reasonable to say there isn't too much love lost between the two clubs.

PS I'm impressed by the rate of your assimilation into the Glaswegian vernacular, by the way. :thumbsup2:

Man Utd are the team I like out of the traditional "top 4". I'm pleased to see Newcastle back in the Premiership as they are my "local" Preimership team. I'm not fussed about any of the other teams apart from Liverpool, who I despise. Their fans are filthy, low-life scumbags.

What's this based on? Too much reading of a trashy newspaper perhaps?

Man Utd are the team I like out of the traditional "top 4". I'm pleased to see Newcastle back in the Premiership as they are my "local" Preimership team. I'm not fussed about any of the other teams apart from Liverpool, who I despise. Their fans are filthy, low-life scumbags.

As Steven says, based on what exactly?

I dont expect a sensible reply from a Urinal sympathiser though.

Liverpool FC have no guts and no integrity and their fans are a pathetic collection of grief junkies. It's only a matter of time before Man Utd take the title record outright, and when they do, Liverpool will never, ever get it back.

Put that fishing rod away!!!

LFC will be back. Evidence here..

Edited by GrantB

I see what you did there! That's really witty and intelligent. Very clever hahahaha. Did you make that up all by yourself?

Based on the fact a member of my family was relieved of his wallet whilst watching a Liverpool game from the Kop. Imagine doing that to someone in your own end!

Also, I have a mate from the Thistle games who is lucky enough to take in several Premiership games each season and he assures me Liverpool fans are amongst the most hostile and unpleasant in the League. A couple of lads wanted to fight him in a pub after the game because they disagreed with his opinion on the match. Several people made it clear that because he is Scottish his opinion counted for nothing.

To be fair, it's not as if Scottish people have contributed anything significant to the history of that club, is it?

I can't be doing with their whole chip on the shoulder attitude either. It's very similar to the way Celtic fans behave up here. Totally vomit inducing.

Finally, when something tragic happens (which seems to be every other week in Merseyside), can they not just grieve quietly in the house with some dignity like the rest of the Country? They take public grieving to new levels and it's utterly tasteless.

Is that a fair summary?

In short, not for me! Particularly that ludicrous last paragraph.

I see what you did there! That's really witty and intelligent. Very clever hahahaha. Did you make that up all by yourself?

Based on the fact a member of my family was relieved of his wallet whilst watching a Liverpool game from the Kop. Imagine doing that to someone in your own end!

Also, I have a mate from the Thistle games who is lucky enough to take in several Premiership games each season and he assures me Liverpool fans are amongst the most hostile and unpleasant in the League. A couple of lads wanted to fight him in a pub after the game because they disagreed with his opinion on the match. Several people made it clear that because he is Scottish his opinion counted for nothing.

To be fair, it's not as if Scottish people have contributed anything significant to the history of that club, is it?

I can't be doing with their whole chip on the shoulder attitude either. It's very similar to the way Celtic fans behave up here. Totally vomit inducing.

Finally, when something tragic happens (which seems to be every other week in Merseyside), can they not just grieve quietly in the house with some dignity like the rest of the Country? They take public grieving to new levels and it's utterly tasteless.

Is that a fair summary?

Not my experience of Scousers but there you go.

At least the vast majority of LFC fans comre from the Liverpool area. Not like Man Urinal. Most of their fans comre from Kent.

I can at least respect City, Manchesters REAL team.

<snipped>

Is that a fair summary?

IMO and experience, not at all.

In short, not for me! Particularly that ludicrous last paragraph.

At least the vast majority of LFC fans comre from the Liverpool area. Not like Man Urinal. Most of their fans comre from Kent.

Echo Steven and especially Grant's replies, as completely my view in response to Tom's post.

Yes, everything about City at the moment is indeed "real". All that money they have at their disposal is entirely natural for a club of that size, isn't it?

The only "real" team in the Greater Manchester area is Oldham.

Still not a Manchester club though, thats like saying Airdrie is a Glasgow team! Manchester City money or no money are still the ONLY club based in Manchester.

I didn't say Oldham are a Manchester club did I? If you read my post again, you'll see I put "Greater Manchester"

If your meaning "Greater Manchester" then your still wrong LOL

What about

Stockport

Bury

Wigan

Bolton

Salford Red Socks

City

Rochdale

Do they not count as "Greater Manchester" teams?

Anyway there is only one team in MANCHESTER and it aint your Red Socks! :thumbsup2:

You cannot be serious, Liverpool are almost on a par with Man United in this regard, sucking supporters from all over their country just like the old firm do up here. For example there is a shop in Newport called the Kop Shop, a Liverpool FC shop in South Wales which runs buses to games, pathetic.

And its amazing how many non-scouse accents you here when SSN do a broadcast from outside the ground canvassing opinion.

And the fact that “Lawro’s Predictions” on the BBC website has them to win no matter how poor their form does my box in as well.

Not in my experience. Lived in Kent for 20 years and vast majority support London teams, mainly Chelsea and Spurs with some Charlton and Fulham thrown in for good measure.

In that time only met one Man U fan (they are generally loathed down here)and, for balance, three Liverpool fans.

Not sure where they are but it ain't in Kent!