What Is It About The Scottish First Division?

ptfc87

I had a look at the league table today. After the initial depression of seeing us sitting at the bottom I had a look further up and noticed there is only 4 points between 10th (us) and 4th. Every single year this division seems to be like this with only a small number of points separating a large proportion of the teams. No other division seems to be this way year in year out. So does anyone have any reasons why this is the case? Its not like everyones budgets are exactly the same. Theres a mix of part time and full time teams.

On a side point, heres hoping a couple of wins in the next few games can lift us to mid table.

I had a look at the league table today. After the initial depression of seeing us sitting at the bottom I had a look further up and noticed there is only 4 points between 10th (us) and 4th. Every single year this division seems to be like this with only a small number of points separating a large proportion of the teams. No other division seems to be this way year in year out. So does anyone have any reasons why this is the case? Its not like everyones budgets are exactly the same. Theres a mix of part time and full time teams.

On a side point, heres hoping a couple of wins in the next few games can lift us to mid table.

That was my view up until last Saturday. But now I'm not convinced that we're capable of stringing together more than the odd narrow win.

So much the same as the other Scottish leagues then? Scottish football is dying on its feet and very few people are recognising it.

Plenty of people recognise it, the tens of thousands throughout the country who have stopped going to watch their team recognise it. Unfortunately the useless ********* in charge either don't recognise it (surely even they can't be that daft) or don't do anything about it.

Everything that's wrong with Scottish football has been highlighted again today with our Scottish Cup draw. At least 5 games a season against the same side, and could be 6 if it goes to a replay, makes no sense. Folk just won't go to see the same opposition time after time. We need more variety. Most fans and players don't like playing the same teams 4 times a season in the league. We need to get rid of it.

In theory it makes for an end of season that is full of tension/hope/despair/elation , it quite often does for the first division, most leagues in the world would love competition to be so close over the course of the season and being able to swing any possible way in the run in to the end.It's just a pity it's shoite to watch at the moment.

As for why it happens? I blame the wage structure, the clubs may vary in circumstance but it's always the same players or type of players that occupy this league, you could take a starting 11, shuffle them up like cards and deal them out randomly in piles of goalie-defenders-midfield-striker and not alot would change throughout (and at the end of) the season.

Plenty of people recognise it, the tens of thousands throughout the country who have stopped going to watch their team recognise it. Unfortunately the useless ********* in charge either don't recognise it (surely even they can't be that daft) or don't do anything about it.

Everything that's wrong with Scottish football has been highlighted again today with our Scottish Cup draw. At least 5 games a season against the same side, and could be 6 if it goes to a replay, makes no sense. Folk just won't go to see the same opposition time after time. We need more variety. Most fans and players don't like playing the same teams 4 times a season in the league. We need to get rid of it.

what uber and duck said.