Banner At Parkhead Today

kennypaton

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pure scum thats all those bheasts are.Would love to play them in the Scottish cup n do them at the piggery.Get one over that on lennon who remembers his behaviour at Firhill to a young andy gibson years ago..shocking.It would eclipse even winning the league at the end of the this season with a stunning come back a win at the place since l've only seen us take the lead(grady)n that pen shoot out

To many thistle fans are afraid to rip the tims cause there scared of being called bigots.Everyone kisses there arses even though there scum steal our fanbase and cheat us every time we play still fuming at petrovs dive :angry: .You'd be hard pushed to find a team in the uk who treats it's biggest rivals with such kid gloves as we do with That lot

It's not enough for us to beat them we have to destroy them rip them limb from limb.I want them crushed and then we can all live happily ever after with partick thistle rightfully crowned as the biggest team in glasgow.The world/mankind will manage just fine without the wretched institution that is shellick football club

Eloquently put as ever.

........ I once read that although a Roman Catholic, Daniel O'Connell was a Freemason. William of Orange was a mercenary employed by the Pope. Funny old game.

While there is nothing within free masonary to suggest those of Roman Catholic can't become members of the freemasons, and many do, the conflict lies in the belief, Roman Catholics believe in the trinity, the free masons believe in one supreme being, by joining the free masons a roman catholic is in essence leaving his belief in the trinity behind.

From what i've read in the history books(suppose it depends what ones though) William of Orange was indeed commissioned by the pope, my perseption of it was that the vatican had become intolerant of the behaviour of King James, himself a roman catholic, the vatican paid for William to assist those opposing James , the most famous participation being the battle of the boyne.

Edit-1 , there's also enough evidence to support suggestions William liked his male friends

Edit-2 One of the degrees of free masonary is Grand Pontiff(great pope)

Edited by Hot Shot

While there is nothing within free masonary to suggest those of Roman Catholic can't become members of the freemasons, and many do, the conflict lies in the belief, Roman Catholics believe in the trinity, the free masons believe in one supreme being, by joining the free masons a roman catholic is in essence leaving his belief in the trinity behind.

But the holy trinity is actually three incarnations one supreme being, so they really believe in the same voodoo. I never understand how people can get so tied up in knots over this stuff, it's just one unprovable superstition versus another equally preposterous fiction.

Apologies to any genuine voodoo worshipers who I may have unintentionally offended.

I thought about making an actual contribution but I canny be arsed, so I'm just going to call them c*nts and say that we are better people than them.

One side issue, we can surely rip the pish out the tims without feeling the need to validate it by mentioning the h.uns. We all know we hate them both, but surely we can mention one without the other without fear of other Jags fans thinking you favour one over the other. That is the very thing which annoys us so much when others ask.

Again, they are c*nts.

Edited by cjptfc

I despise Celtic and everything they stand for. A completely vile club from their boardroom right down to their trampy, soapdodging, bigoted supporters.

The club should be absolutely hammered for their disgraceful hounding of referees in recent weeks and don't get me started on the gay brigade and their disgusting banners.

Neil Lennon is also a thoroughly dislikeable individual who conducts himself disgracefully in the dug out most weeks.

The fans that "protested" outside Hampden on Saturday, claming that the SFA are a corrupt organisation with an anti-Celtic agenda, made me sick to my stomach. I can honestly never remember a time when we have beaten Celtic or taken a point off of them courtesy of a poor refereeing decision.

Off the top of my head I can think of:

- Season 03/04, Stan Petrov makes a run into our box with the scores at 1-1 and ridiculously throws himself to the ground beside Ian Ross. Referee gives the penalty, Celtic score. Final score - Partick Thistle 1-2 Celtic and of course we were in a relegation battle that season which we eventually lost), so every point was valuable.

- Season 02/03 - Scott McLean had the ball at least a foot over the line in the League Cup game at Parkhead. All the Celtic fans I spoke to at the time, admitted that it was well over. It wasn't given and we lost on penalties.

- Season 94/95 - Tom Smith has a prefectly legitimate header ruled out. Luckily, he scored an identical goal minutes later and we got a point.

So in summary, I ******* hate Celtic. They're scum, pure scum.

I despise Celtic and everything they stand for. A completely vile club from their boardroom right down to their trampy, soapdodging, bigoted supporters.

The club should be absolutely hammered for their disgraceful hounding of referees in recent weeks and don't get me started on the gay brigade and their disgusting banners.

Neil Lennon is also a thoroughly dislikeable individual who conducts himself disgracefully in the dug out most weeks.

The fans that "protested" outside Hampden on Saturday, claming that the SFA are a corrupt organisation with an anti-Celtic agenda, made me sick to my stomach. I can honestly never remember a time when we have beaten Celtic or taken a point off of them courtesy of a poor refereeing decision.

Off the top of my head I can think of:

- Season 03/04, Stan Petrov makes a run into our box with the scores at 1-1 and ridiculously throws himself to the ground beside Ian Ross. Referee gives the penalty, Celtic score. Final score - Partick Thistle 1-2 Celtic and of course we were in a relegation battle that season which we eventually lost), so every point was valuable.- Season 02/03 - Scott McLean had the ball at least a foot over the line in the League Cup game at Parkhead. All the Celtic fans I spoke to at the time, admitted that it was well over. It wasn't given and we lost on penalties.

- Season 94/95 - Tom Smith has a prefectly legitimate header ruled out. Luckily, he scored an identical goal minutes later and we got a point.

So in summary, I ******* hate Celtic. They're scum, pure scum.

This bit: I am unable to shake off the rancorous memory of that incident. I loathe Petrov with a searing passion and will never, as long as I've got a hole in my botty, forgive that wee piece of human waste for his conduct that day.

My loathing for him was articulated at Ewood Park last year, having been given a freebie for the Blackburn v Villa match. He did absolutely feck all in the game and probably touched the ball two or three times in the 90 minutes, but whenever he went within 20 or 30 yards of the action I screamed horrendous dogs abuse at him for all I was worth.

Had the game been at Villa Park I'm sure I would've got huckled, but as it was...

i made the case for starting ultras group within the thistle fan base. I never once said we should invite celtic supporters to support us. that would be a bizzare thing to ask indeed.

i suspect that because i tend to take a more nuanced look at all things old firm that such distortions of what i have said can arise.

Liar liar pants on fire.

you said you had mates in the green brigade and you wanted to bring them to firhill with the intent of starting not just an ultras group, but one with the same political 'views' as them.

I think you'd probably be better off at parkhead my friend.

I thought about making an actual contribution but I canny be arsed, so I'm just going to call them c*nts and say that we are better people than them.

One side issue, we can surely rip the pish out the tims without feeling the need to validate it by mentioning the h.uns. We all know we hate them both, but surely we can mention one without the other without fear of other Jags fans thinking you favour one over the other. That is the very thing which annoys us so much when others ask.

Again, they are c*nts.

One H.undred percent verbatim from me.

:ptfc::ptfc:

FTOF

Liar liar pants on fire.

you said you had mates in the green brigade and you wanted to bring them to firhill with the intent of starting not just an ultras group, but one with the same political 'views' as them.

I'd love that, nothing would ressurect the atmosphere at Firhill quite like smackin' the shi.te out of a group of the great unwashed for a few weeks before they disappear back under their stone. Go for it mrD!!!

Serious question. How do Celtic intend on finding those responsible for the banners?

Will they put close up pictures of them in the media? or

Will they say can't find them but they've condemned it in public and they'll make sure, like last time, it won't happen again?

I think we all know the likely scenario and whilst I applaud Celtic for condemning it I would like to know why it took to yesterday afternoon for them to do so and not react to it at the the time or immediately after- during the game.

If the stewards aren't doing their job I'm guessing they will be 'relieved' of their duties but let's face facts that's not likely to happen either. :thumbdown:

Season ticket and seat numbers? It shouldn't be too hard.

Assuming they were season ticket holders. I still reckon the 'we can't find it but we condemned it' line will be given in a few days. Or more likely having Dr Reid as Chairman, a sit tight and let it blow over until the media have something/someone else to pick on philosophy will be employed

Assuming they were season ticket holders. I still reckon the 'we can't find it but we condemned it' line will be given in a few days. Or more likely having Dr Reid as Chairman, a sit tight and let it blow over until the media have something/someone else to pick on philosophy will be employed

Absolutely.

It would prove a wee bit easier than finding (non-existent) WMD in Iraq, though. His Doctorship would know a thing or two about that, having consciously swallowed the Blair line then. But as others have said - nae chance. Doc Reid is a maggot and will simply laugh at the truth, doing anything within his powers to protect the 'integrity' and fabric of his festering corporation.

My main gripe with the great unwashed doing the Poppy thing is that the Poppy is not political. Their issues are with the policies of succesive British Governments. The Poppy is there as a symbol for all of the great fallen from all of the confilcts that British and Commonwealth soldiers have been asked to fight at since WW1.

No British soldier goes to war because he supports one political party or another it is because he/she is sent in support of Government policy at home or abroad and that you have taken the Queens Schilling or whatever the going rate is for a days pay.

Those within the Celtic support who did this are so wrong and are directing their protest at the wrong orgnisation. I will always wear my poppy with pride in remembrance of those who volunteered and continue to volunteer. Lesson 1 of the SA80(rifle) pamphlet when taught to all soldiers quite clearly states "to bear arms is a privellage in the eyes of the nation" I still believe that and that is why they should be remembered long after the politicians who made these decisions that cost a lot of young men their lives.

Liar liar pants on fire.

thats absolute mince. i have always made the case that football and politics do often converge and that is something i think is fine. yes i do know green brigade and yes they would be willing to assist anyone in making banners (whihc is what the discussion was about) - but to say that this means inviting celtic ppl to support another team is absolutly rediculous. there are many examples of ultras groups or just general fan groups assisting other teams fans to do similiar things - did afc wimbledon fans become manchester united fans when assisting man u fan groups to set up fcum? Of course not, clearly your anti old firm blinkers have distorted how you interpret data - just goes to show that ignorance and idiocy is not confined to the old firm fanbase.

Just reading in the herald report today that Neil Doncaster has stated that every team in the SPL is compelled to wear the poppy on the saturday closest to remembarance day. I thought the whole thing was supposed to be about personal choice.

This conflation of football and poppy day in the context of unpopular wars clearly does have poltical bearing. And whether you like it or not Iraq war was an illegal war, and i believe that it was nuremberg that established that 'following orders' is not a sufficient case against a charge of illegal activity in the warfare setting. Thus,there is a case to suggest that any soldiers that fought in the iraq areana are war criminals.

The poppy is not just about commemorating ww1 ww2 it is about commermorating current wars. Since i consider afghanistan and iraq war as immoral why on earth should i honour those with blood on their hands? If it was purely about world wars that would be a different matter.

what is disgusting is the manipulation of the memories of those that fell in the world wars to commece assent to unpopular wars. It is this discourse that is really spitting on the graves of those who gave these sacrifices.

This nonsense about being against the war but supporting our boys is an illogical position to take.

returning to the first point, as the poppy is getting increasingly forced upon us, it is legitimate to protest against somethign taht is manifestly a poltical action. If it was just about personal dignified choice about honouring dead soldiers then this issue would not arise.

Edited by mrD

Just reading in the herald report today that Neil Doncaster has stated that every team in the SPL is compelled to wear the poppy on the saturday closest to remembarance day. I thought the whole thing was supposed to be about personal choice.

This conflation of football and poppy day in the context of unpopular wars clearly does have poltical bearing. And whether you like it or not Iraq war was an illegal war, and i believe that it was nuremberg that established that 'following orders' is not a sufficient case against a charge of illegal activity in the warfare setting. Thus,there is a case to suggest that any soldiers that fought in the iraq areana are war criminals.

eh? they didnt carry out war crimes, or they would have been done under the haig so thats rubbish for a start, your views on the reasons for the wars are just that views and nothing to do how the soldiers behaved.

The poppy is not just about commemorating ww1 ww2 it is about commermorating current wars. Since i consider afghanistan and iraq war as immoral why on earth should i honour those with blood on their hands? If it was purely about world wars that would be a different matter.

what is disgusting is the manipulation of the memories of those that fell in the world wars to commece assent to unpopular wars. It is this discourse that is really spitting on the graves of those who gave these sacrifices.

This nonsense about being against the war but supporting our boys is an illogical position to take.

why? if you cant seperate the two then sorry thats your problem. soldiers do there job, once they sign on the dotted line its not a choice. they can refuse individual orders if they were ileagal but not to go to war if ordered by there goverment, its called treason.

returning to the first point, as the poppy is getting increasingly forced upon us, it is legitimate to protest against somethign taht is manifestly a poltical action. If it was just about personal dignified choice about honouring dead soldiers then this issue would not arise.

I hardly know where to start. How can you get so much wrong in the one post???

To say that clubs are "compelled" to wear the poppy is to imply that they are reluctant and unwilling to wear it. They voted to wear the poppy.

It is totally ridiculous to suggest that rank and file squaddies may be war criminals. It is the politicians and the generals who should be called to account.

The poppy isn't about commemorating war, it is about remembering and respecting the ultimate sacrifice.

If anyone's "manipulating memories", it's those half-wits in the Celtic support on Saturday and their apologists. It is they who are "spitting on the graves of those who gave these sacrifices".

It's perfectly reasonable to be supportive of the poppy ideals and anti-war.

And finally, the poppy isn't getting forced on anyone. If someone's forcing a poppy on you, contact the police.

"I think in General, supporters of the Old Firm's judgements on an issue like this are severely clouded & not to be taken very seriously. If you support Rangers you have to wear a Poppy & if you support Celtic you sing about sticking them up someone's *rse. The rest of us wonder what all the fuss is about...."

For what its worth i kinda agree with the piece in the guardian expressing that the poppy has been hijacked from a image of solemn rememberance and reflection on the tragedy of war, into a rallying cry for support for recent conflicts.

Best post on here: propoganda works best when it's subliminal - QED.

I like this post from footymad "I think in General, supporters of the Old Firm's judgements on an issue like this are severely clouded & not to be taken very seriously. If you support Rangers you have to wear a Poppy & if you support Celtic you sing about sticking them up someone's *rse. The rest of us wonder what all the fuss is about...."

For what its worth i kinda agree with the piece in the guardian expressing that the poppy has been hijacked from a image of solemn rememberance and reflection on the tragedy of war, into a rallying cry for support for recent conflicts.

why? should we forget those that have died (or been badly injured) in resent conflicts just because you don't agree with what the government did, if that's the case you better include WW1 and WW2 as plenty were not happy about those.

wars/conflict happen and will always happen its what we do best as the most destructive species on this planet, nobody said its nice its just what we are.

don't use the armed forces as a weapon against the government it already has enough people shooting at it.

why? should we forget those that have died (or been badly injured) in resent conflicts just because you don't agree with what the government did, if that's the case you better include WW1 and WW2 as plenty were not happy about those.

wars/conflict happen and will always happen its what we do best as the most destructive species on this planet, nobody said its nice its just what we are.

don't use the armed forces as a weapon against the government it already has enough people shooting at it.

How are you going to 'remember' the million or so (and still counting) Iraqi civilians killed by those armed forces? (and paid for by your taxes)

How are you going to 'remember' the million or so (and still counting) Iraqi civilians killed by those armed forces? (and paid for by your taxes)

we are not in Iraq anymore :rolleyes:

news flash, civilians die in war. sorry if that upsets you but its true and whats that got to do with supporting our troops?

again, war is not nice people die thats the life we live in, it will NEVER end, we will never have peace in the world, people are too greedy for power/wealth.