Todays Half Time Substitution

macca

Why on earth was Sid brought on at Half time ? Was Grehan injured,He had been playing reasonably well and was winning a few headers.Doolan became isolated up front in the second half,surely the new boy or one of the youngsters would have been a better option.They were definetly there for the beating today and i feel it was two points lost rather than one gained

It didn't work, & I didn't think it would. Sid has had no game time recently & no reserve games, he can't possibly be fit. If we had kept Grehan on we would certainly have had a better chance of winning.

I like Sid & have defended him many times, I don't like saying this, but I think he may be done with regards to the 1st team. He was a liability today & just did not look up to it. That could be down to the lack of game time & fitness, but McCall must have known that when he put him on.

Why on earth was Sid brought on at Half time ? Was Grehan injured,He had been playing reasonably well and was winning a few headers.Doolan became isolated up front in the second half,surely the new boy or one of the youngsters would have been a better option.They were definetly there for the beating today and i feel it was two points lost rather than one gained

because he was/is rubbish, the only problem was that it shoud have been stewart

and i blame mccall who puts a player on at half time who has been injured and not played a game in weeks

Edited by jaggybunnet

because he was/is rubbish, the only problem was that it shoud have been stewart

and i blame mccall who puts a player on at half time who has been injured and not played a game in weeks

I struggle to see how that can be said, we have no idea what Stewart is like. Yes he (Stewart) should be given game time, but I can see why Donnelly was put on. It didn't work, & I'd be surprised to see him play again. Possibly come the end of the season for a cameo as this will no doubt be his last season as a professional footballer.

Fraser on the bench ahead of Sid last week. Also to stop the pelters that Sid will get from the fans if he has another poor game, he's served us well despite having doubters throughout his time here, don't need his career with us ending on a sour note.

I struggle to see how that can be said, we have no idea what Stewart is like. Yes he (Stewart) should be given game time, but I can see why Donnelly was put on. It didn't work, & I'd be surprised to see him play again. Possibly come the end of the season for a cameo as this will no doubt be his last season as a professional footballer.

Fraser on the bench ahead of Sid last week. Also to stop the pelters that Sid will get from the fans if he has another poor game, he's served us well despite having doubters throughout his time here, don't need his career with us ending on a sour note.

we also didnt know what Sid was going to be like after a long break, so whats the difference :unsure: