What Might Have Been

The Devil's Point

Heard a story tonight about a guy who could have become a doctor if he hadn't broken his leg at eighteen.

I reckon my partying behaviour between about 1987 and 2005 may yet prove to have held me back.

Could you have played for Scotland, or written something great if it wasn't for factors outwith you control :drink:

I would be playing water polo for Scotland if it wasn't for the Scotland u18 coach 8 years ago who decided to play all the players for his club team - including his son who was awful, because he liked players who could swim fast rather than players who were good. Stopped taking it seriously after that.

I would be flying the flag for Scotland playing in the masters this weekend if i hadn't discovered burds and booze at 16 :o

I would have been doing battle with you had my life not followed the same path as yours.

Though being a few years older than you, i would have already won it several times by now. :rolleyes:

We were having a similar discussion over a few at the weekend, I reckon I would have been in with a shout of becoming a professional egg chaser had I not discovered bevy, tried to take a short cut through the grounds of the Marriot and subsequently fallen off the 7 foot high fence whilst trying to hurdle it and slipping a disc on the process.

We were having a similar discussion over a few at the weekend, I reckon I would have been in with a shout of becoming a professional egg chaser had I not discovered bevy, tried to take a short cut through the grounds of the Marriot and subsequently fallen off the 7 foot high fence whilst trying to hurdle it and slipping a disc on the process.

That was lucky!