The Official Stanley Cup Thread

_mm_

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think the common denominator here is me. i only support teams that lose.

that was a disaster.

even the rioting is a little lackluster

They just didn't seem to be clicking on the power play and giving up short handed goals is never clever.

As for the rioters, this is exactly what we don't need as the Olympics seemed to have demonstrated that people could have fun in public without wrecking the place.

Big problem for me here is now when I say I am from Victoria they think it means Melbourne. Before this debacle I just said Vancouver to avoid confusion.

They just didn't seem to be clicking on the power play and giving up short handed goals is never clever.

As for the rioters, this is exactly what we don't need as the Olympics seemed to have demonstrated that people could have fun in public without wrecking the place.

Big problem for me here is now when I say I am from Victoria they think it means Melbourne. Before this debacle I just said Vancouver to avoid confusion.

seems like more than a couple of the Canadians who appear on here time to time are from the Island.

boston just slowed them down, too. the team speed just wasn't there when it mattered. plus, Thomas was just huge. ...and, as you said, the power play wasn't clicking. and they let themselves get pushed around too much. and i may have jinxed them by wearing my old school stick-in-rink-hat. i stopped during the Chicago series and they turned it around. i brought it back when Boston evened the series, but it wasn't enough. fnck...

re: the rioting...i still say Seattle does that better.

The bruins were just too good last night, Tim Thomas was awesome,again. I hope shawn Thornton keeps to his word, he said "if the bruins win stanley he would bring it over to belfast". Somehow i dont think it would pass as hand luggage.